Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosting problems.Site keeps dying-Advice required

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if i'm alone with this problem or other people are experiencing it as well. We currently host our site (www.thefilmstore.com) through the now called names.co.uk and to be fair we've not really had a problem with them until recently.

Our site is experiencing loads of problems with the cgi-bin working, then not working, then working again, all with no updates, uploads or changes from me. I'm getting fed up with the lack of help from our hosting company but i feel fairly certain that the problem lies with the hosting servers and not anything that i'm doing or changing as one minute the site works, the next it doesn't.

I could do with some advice from people here as to what they think may be the problem, if they've encountered it, how they solved it.

Also, i'm interested to hear about peoples recommendations for hosting because we're starting to get a bit more traffic now and i need to make sure that we're on a much more reliable "actinic friendly" host. So any recommendations as to good actinic hosting sites would be appreciated. I understand that last request might be off topic but if you want to email me your thoughts on that, feel free.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
    Simon
    Classico UK - www.classicouk.com
    The Filmstore - www.thefilmstore.com
    fully licensed products [postcards, magnets, mugs, mirrors and more] wholesale & retail

Hi Simon

if you are looking for a new host then a search in this forum will throw up the good ones and the bad ones....

we can offer a 14 day trial (no obligation and no payment until after the 14 days) ...you can contact us through this forum, or through our website

Maybe there are others with names.co.uk who can answer your other question

Comment

Working...
    X