Up Load to Actinic Host Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up Load to Actinic Host Site

I am currently building my Actinic Site, so have been using the actinic trial site to host the web site.

I started building up the web site and up loading no problem.

The trial expired and I changed my computer (still a XP based machine) and have been having trouble setting up a new trial in the advanced network setup.

When converting to Actinid Host Mode it prompts for user name password etc which I have entered ensuring no spaces. Click on OK and I get the error message : The server name or address could not be resolved.

I have gone back to my old computer and set up the trial no problem. This would suggest there is something on my setup on the new computer that is causing the problem.

I have tried disabling the firewall - no affect
    I do run sophos antivirus but this was running on my old computer

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

Chris

Could this be part of the 30 days download restrictions? Otherwise you could carry on trialling ad-infinitum!

Maybe someone else could confirm or advise otherwise

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Presumably you're using the downloaded, 30 day trial version.

A sneaky point with this version is that when the 30 days expires, you can uninstall and re-install it and you get another 30 days! (At least it worked for me when I was developing late last year and early this year). Just remember to backup your Site1 folder and put it back again. I don't know what happens to the trial web space that Actinic set up for you.

Alan Compton
      www.greenknightgames.co.uk
      Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

Comment

Hi

Thanks for you feedback

I have bought the software, so it is not a trial version. I have also activated a number of trial hosts on my old computer and had no problem

Comment

Hi there

Sounds strange that it works fine from your other pc, I would have said that it is more than likely a firewall blocking the connection from what you have said - have you checked the windows firewall aswell, to see that isnt blocking Actinic?

Alternatively, you could try setting up a new trial space by going to http://trials.actinic.com/

Hope that helps
          ________

Comment

Working...
          X