Keywords & Meta Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keywords & Meta Tags

I know this will sound really simple to some of you out there but can someone help me with the above. I really don't understand what they mean.

If I have a sub-section entitled STICKLES GLITTER GLUE, within this section 10 different colours of this item.

The description reads

Stickles Glitter Glue. Bottle 0.5 fluid oz fine glitter particles in a glue base. Ideal to add that final sparkle to your project. Available in a range of glittering colours.

What do I insert in the Keywords and tags section?

Is this words people may type in a search engine?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joy

please search this forum using the search terms "keyword", "meta tags" as this has been discussed in full on many occaisions already.

Then come back if you still gave questions

Comment

I have spent ages looking but to be honest I am still struggling, perhaps because I am not very pc savvy.

I was just hoping someone would be kind enough to spell things out for me in the context of my own goods.

Joy

Comment

If I have a sub-section entitled STICKLES GLITTER GLUE, within this section 10 different colours of this item.

The description reads

Stickles Glitter Glue. Bottle 0.5 fluid oz fine glitter particles in a glue base. Ideal to add that final sparkle to your project. Available in a range of glittering colours.
        I am sure you will have noticed in your travels through the forum that the keywords and description meta tags are now mostly ignored by the search engines. They will be I suggest on of the last things you do within your catalog.

To put the subject in simple terms.

1. Find the keywords that people use to find your products - use wordtracker, overture, adwords or the like.

2. Put those words into your descriptive text where appropriate.

3. Put the same words into your title tag.

4. Put the words into your product name - this then adds them as alt tags to your image.

5. Change the html file name from the actinic generated one to one that incorporates your keywords.

6. Do the meta description and keyword fields.

Hope this clarifys things and its the last time I have to write it out

Comment

Many thanks, I really appreciate your time. I am sure there are others who will benefit.

Comment

Working...
          X