Price Calculation from Components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Calculation from Components

We are trying to setup a site selling Notebooks, we have configured the notebook price & sub component prices. Notebook carcus costs £421, CD is £20, Memory is £15, Hard Drive is £44, CPU is £49 and Windows is £50 which total £599 + VAT.

When you click buy, actinic calculates this perfectly.

Our problem is while configuring the system options (more memory, bigger hard drive) the price displayed is just for the base system and does not adjust itself. After various selections the price calcuates perfectly on checkout but there seems no way of displaying this for the customer to see before they checkout.

Obviously if I were buying something, I would generally like to know what it was going to cost me before I went to the checkout !!!.

Our example is at www.tuscanmobile.com click on products and then D270ES to see what I mean.

If any knows of a way to update this price - PLEASE HELP.

I have the same problem, the only way around it is for me to create a popup box using the extended information listing all the extra prices i.e. +£20 for windows 2000 e.t.c

I would like to know if someone has a work around

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

search the forum before posting. NormanRouxel posted a patch for this. You will have to buy it as a lot of effort went into creating it
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

calm down gary

You seem to be getting very sharp lately, i did search the forums under prices, & price calcualtions theats why i answered this thread

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

Sorry

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=1801

Is the thread
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

thanks for the link,

i have posted a request to norman

Cheers
            Darren