Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Actinic and need some advice/help if possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Actinic and need some advice/help if possible?

We currently have a website http://www.dutchwest.com/ which in the next week or so am going to be completely re-designing it for online ordering.. Am currently going to be looking at Actinic, having heard such great reviews about it, and need to ask a few questions...
    Please bear in mind that I am completely new to Actinic, although have HTML and Javascript knowledge on my side, and have in the past used Developer to re-design a builtin template to create our own.

Link above is currently our site but want our new site to look similar to this one if possible as we are a UK distributor for Philips electrical goods we want to keep a similar theme/uniform look to the design..

http://www.store.philips.com/

We are also looking to incorporate the description of each product that also shows the accessories and allow the customer to purchase these as well which can be seen on the Philips Store Site.

Thanks for your help and I hope to be a long-serving member of this community!

Regards,
    Gavin

Hi Gavin, welcome to the forum.

The Philips.com site is very "actinic-esque" in its product layout and should be quite achievable with Actinic. You would have to modify the templates quite extensively to gain that look but it should be no problem - you may struggle at first to find where a specific item is being generated from but that is why the Advanced User Guide (main Actinic site) and the forum are here. If you have HTML knowledge already you should be OK.

Selling accessories for each item is very simple and is called components in Actinic.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi,
      Thank you for your reply and for your welcome message as well!
      I appreciate your reply a lot, and the positive reply you gave is a sigh of relief, am pleased about the "accessories for each product", as I initially thought this was going to be a big problem for us!

I understand and appreciate that there will be work involved in tweaking the template design in order to re-create the look of the site, but i was wondering can you recommend which template would be the best to start off with which comes with actinic?

Comment

The best place to start is by using the template manager on the advanced menu.

This will point you to the correct template for each page elememt.

Act_primary is the most important as it does the overall layout, followed by act_productline

Comment

Working...
        X