Help with setting up Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with setting up Shipping

I would like to be able to set up two different methods of shipping however I cannot see how to do so.

I have some products which will be shipped using a carrier and these can be set up quite easily according to their weight. However I have other products which will be shipped directly by the manufacturer and are all at a specific cost.

Any suggestions on how I can apply a specific cost to some products and allow all other products to be charged according to their weight?

Add the specific cost into the price of the direct ship products and give them a weight of 0.00 (with a shipping cost of 0.00 in your shipping weight table). Put words in the product description along the lines of "All you pay - delivery costs are included in this price".
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks that would work but is not very professional. Am not very impressed with the software though as it seems you cannot select shipping method for individual products unlike say clickcartpro which allows you to choose for each product.

I would have thought that shipping was deemed important enough to allow such obvious funvtionality but I guess not?

Comment

I also had some problems with this as i do some hand deliverys and dont use courier or post then, but i am unable to find a way to set up an option for hand delivery..no postage cost.

Any idea what i can do to set up this option?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Create a shipping class "Hand delivery", with a weight of say 5000kg and a cost of 0.00 Mark excess as take the highest value.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I have some products which will be shipped using a carrier and these can be set up quite easily according to their weight. However I have other products which will be shipped directly by the manufacturer and are all at a specific cost.

Any suggestions on how I can apply a specific cost to some products and allow all other products to be charged according to their weight?
            give these products an improbable very high weight and set the charge accordingly

The ability to offer dirrerent shippping methods to individual products has been discussed in the past, I guess its still on thewish list. When comparing shopping carts there will always be differences in their functionality. The key here is to ensure to choose the right cart for your requirement.

I am sure there are things that actinic does that your quoted cart does not.

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
              Create a shipping class "Hand delivery", with a weight of say 5000kg and a cost of 0.00 Mark excess as take the highest value.
              Thanks for your help...it worked a treat! So simple really, but i guess it's all to do with me being new to the software etc!

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi,
                I am trying to add a delivery date selection option, any idea how to set this up?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                X