Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CGI BIN Problems..i'm new to this software..sorry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGI BIN Problems..i'm new to this software..sorry!

Hi,

I'm new to this software so sorry in advance for being a pain if i ask silly questions!

Right, i keep getting the following error messege when testing my settings before uploading the new store:

You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "/htdocs/cgi-bin/" or it does not exist.

I have read through some other threads on here and have made sure the permissions on the cgi bin are 755, so now i'm lost.

Any ideas at all folks?

Cheers

cgi thingies

hi i had a similar problem only this week, i was directed to my host and they activated the cgi-bin for me.
    hope that helps.
    sharon
    http://www.siam925.com

Comment

Are you sure that the cgi-bin is meant to be in htdocs? There may be a standard location on your server.

In these cases it always helps to post your Network Settings (Via Advanced / Network Setup / Export - delete any passwords before posting) and also tell us about your server hosts and server system.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yeah, the CGI BIN is in htdocs on all my sites with fasthosts, i'm on a Linux server too.

I have replaced my domain name with "my domain.com" & removed all passwords etc.

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
        HTTPPROXYADDRESS
        HTTPPROXYPORT 80
        HTTPPROXYUSER
        HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
        FTPPROXYMODE 0
        FTPPROXYADDRESS
        FTPPROXYPORT 21
        FTPPROXYUSER
        FTPPROXYPASSWORD
        SCRIPTID 1
        SCRIPTEXT .pl
        SMTPHOST smtp.mydomain.com
        WEBSITEURL http://www.mydomain.com
        IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
        USERELATIVECGIURLS false
        PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
        USEENHANCEFTP true
        FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
        FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
        FTPSILENT false
        FTPMAXRETRIES 3
        FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
        SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
        SMTPUSERNAME **********
        SMTPPASSWORD **********
        CATALOGURL http://www.mydomian.com/acatalog/
        CGIBINURL http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/
        PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
        CODEBASE ./
        FTPHOST ***********
        FTPUSERNAME ***********
        FTPPASSWORD ***********
        PATHTOCGIBIN htdocs/cgi-bin/
        USEPASSIVEFTP false
        FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/

I spent most of yesterday on the phone with fasthosts, and we got nowhere at all, they say the settings are correct & the CGI is ok, and i have read through other threads and made sure opermissions are correct etc.

I also have the errors below if they help at all? I have had these at the testing site stage:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "/htdocs/cgi-bin/" or it does not exist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Actinic is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed.
        The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders.
        If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration

The web server returned error code 404 - Requested URL not found. This means Actinic can not execute the CGI scripts on your web site. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to check the web setup.

The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things.
        Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts.

Comment

wrong PATHTOCGIBIN htdocs/cgi-bin/
          correct PATHTOCGIBIN /htdocs/cgi-bin/

wrong FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
          correct FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG /htdocs/acatalog/

I compared your settings to the correct settings given in post 10 of the following thread

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=15549

I suggest you check this post to as I may have missed a setting

Comment

The bad news is, i tried with the changed, correct settings and still the same problem, it still says:

My settings are exactly the same as the ones seen in the image on post 10 (except the domains of course ).

I'm lost now...totally p**sed off with it all...two days i have been trying to crack this now!

Thanks again for your help, it is very much appriciated.

Comment

I'm not a FastHosts user so can't help directly

However there are plenty of posts regarding them. A bit of searching for "Fasthosts" may help. You can probably ignore all Windows Server ones and concentrate on those that are Linux related.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

"/htdocs/cgi-bin/" or it does not exist.
                it may seem like a stupd question but does the cgi-bin exsist?

again I'm not a fasthosts user ......

Comment

Working...
                X