Network test 'Permission Denied'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network test 'Permission Denied'

Just did a test for my new store using the Network window and go the email OK but also got these 2 error messages:

Unable to create a file in web page directory - Permission Denied (same for sub directory too)

Which directories need changing and for what permissions? I do know how to CHMOD the directories but not sure which ones need checking/changing.

Thanks

Brian
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Ive uploaded the site now but got an error message at the very end.

Also, if I hit any button or link that has a script function attached I get this:

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Error opening ../acatalog/pam80Z1Z25Z82ZmanZdialZntliZnetA1054306655B26842.session (Permission denied)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

Can anyone pleeeeeease tell me what permissions are set wrong on the directory?

Thanks

Brian

Comment

I had this too Brian. Turns out we were posting to a .com and should have being .co.uk funny thing is the files looked like they were going up.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi Gary,

I have checked my network settings and they are all set for slikmats.com so I don't know how to solve it?

Usual issue, I need the store up by Monday and the folks at NicNames (my hosts) still haven't gotten back to me!!

Anyone else help please??

Brian

Comment

post a URL and I can try it here. I tried slikmats.com but got permission denied
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

http://www.slikmats.com/acatalog/shop.html

Cheers Gary. You should get a form tho if you go to www.slikmats.com ??

Cheers

Beej

Comment

Do you have developer as I get the same error. If you have developer then try a site with no changes.

If you need to try the settings I have sent you.

email@briancurtis.co.uk
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Brian

I have just been to http://www.slikmats.com/acatalog/shop.html and I was able to add an item to the cart. It looks like it is working OK.

Comment

Working...
                X