Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.htaccess problem (???)

Hi

This is a repeat message to a thread I raised a week or so ago.

A few weeks ago I made a very minor addition to the .htaccess file. I simply added a line at the end of the .htaccess file to bounce a page on to another page.

Redirect /flatlinks http://www.kjbeckett.com/acatalog/stewartstand.html

Since then my sales have droped significantly? I still have sales but they have dropped? However my visits remain the same.

I know this is unilkely but I thought I would check to see if it was something I had done in with the .htaccess file that impacted the shopping cart on some browsers?

I have been unable to find any information about .htaccess conflicting with Actinic. As I mentioned, my site visits remains high but people arent buying. This may just be a business issue (e.g. not technical) but due to the dramatic nature of drop in sales at the exact same time I still have a bit of doubt that my change hasnt impacted this.

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

have you made a few test purchases to see if anything is conflicting with the checkout? There are no documented conflicts with actinic/htaccess

otherwise by way of the test....

stick an index.html file in the flatlinks folder, on the index file place a normal link to the page you want to redirect to (this methos will not annoy spiders)

then remove the htaccess file
    watch the result
    draw your own conclusion.

It could simply be that this is a quiet time of year for shoping.

Comment

Hi

Thanks. Yep, I did some test purchases, plus I still have sales coming through which makes me think the checkout is ok (certainly on some computers).

As you say it may be time of year, its just that sales in Jan, Feb, Mar were consistently x3 higher than last year and now in April they are lower than last year. A massive plummet!

Paul
      KJ Beckett
      Bath, England
      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

did you see this thread?

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=20375

Comment

Paul,

Visiting your home page I cant seem to access any page. Clicking on any of the links simply reloads the home page again. Tried this in both Firefox and IE. I would try it yourself and remove the htaccess file immediately if you find the same problem. If this fixes it then at least you know where to start looking!

David
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Dave

Thanks. I am actually updating the site (complete refresh - to resolve another issue) at the moment which is why you keep getting taken back to the home page.

Saturday is a quiet day for us anyway so it is the best time to do the upload (and I cant work late tonight so daytime it has to be).

Jo

Thanks. Interesting. It could just be all my customers are going on holiday - it certainly has been over the 2 easter break weeks. Why cant I go on holiday! So this is looking like a retailing issue more than a technical issue.

Thanks

Paul
            KJ Beckett
            Bath, England
            Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Working...
            X