Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjusting font size, bold, italics in description boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting font size, bold, italics in description boxes?

Happy Easter everybody !!!

Is there a way to change the size of your fonts and make it bold....etc in section description boxes ?????

Thanks !!

Sean

Hi Sean,

One way is to use standard html and enclose it in !!< >!! which tells Actinic that what is enclosed is code and not plain text.

eg !!<<B> test </B>>!!

will show 'test' in bold. Codes for italics, font type and size etc are freely available on the web. Google is your friend! Hope it works.

Tom Riddell
    www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

You can also edit the Act_SectionLine.html template and either <span> tag the text or more preferrable to add in a CSS class to make changing in the future much less painfull

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Tom !

I tried to do what you suggested but it didn't work. when I typed in the html and selected apply it showed the html in the preview screen. Do I need to add anything before it???...Am I putting it in the right spot which is where you would type a description for your product??....

As for you Jont, thank you for your reply, but I didn't understand much of it....lol
        If you have a little time would you mind explaining it in simple terms for simple people like me...lol

Thanks guys !!

Sean

Comment

I worked it out, silly me....I didn't know you needed the "!!" in front of and at the end of the sentence....

What does this do ??? I have never seen this used before. Not that I have used it very much before either...

Do you need to out them in front of most of the html commands ??

Like changing header sizes and font colour ??

Thanks guys !!

Sean

Comment

!!< and >!! delimiters are used to tell Actinic that anything inside them contains html code. When the html pages are built from the templates Actinic removes these delimiters and leaves the html code in place. They may be used in many instances, the most popular being probably fragment and product descriptions.

Comment

Hi Sean,

Sorry, thought I had explained it in my first posting. If you want to use html in any part of the descriptions then you must put !!< >!! around it otherwise Actinic assumes everything is part of the text - as you discovered!! It is a bit laborious if you want to adjust the format in lots of products, hence Jont's solution - but don't ask me how to do it -LOL!!

Tom
              www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

Working...
              X