Site design change, not sure which looks best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site design change, not sure which looks best

Hia everyone, i'm currently not entirely happy with the current design of the site, and i'v created what i think is a more subtle modern alternative. This is just my opinion, attached is a screenshot of the new look and old look, i'd appreciate any comments/criticisms!
    Attached Files
    http://www.ukdesignermenswear.com

Top designer brands at discounted prices, coming soon!

Hi,

My fave is def the second one. nice & modern!

Paul.

Comment

The one you've got up already gets my vote (the second one)

Comment

Second one too.
        Mash

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

I'm viewing at 1280 x 800 on my laptop.

The top header is 100% of the screen width, whilst the content is about 80% of the screen width, looks odd.

You need either 100% width on everything, or to bring the header in line with your content.

Comment

I'd definetly go with the second one too - ie the one that is up now. Like Mark said I've noticed the 100% header and 80% body widths too.

I'm viewing on a 1680 x 1050 laptop - this also seems to create a lot of white empty space in the central column. All the product text appears on one line with the product photo adjacent. From this view you may be able to either add more text or position products in columns.

Like the design though nice and modern

Comment

i must admit I prefer to see a website design where the site is in a central column down the middle of the screen.

The problem we all face now is creating a design that looks ok on both 800x600 and 1680 x 1050.

if you view in 1680 there is going to be a lot of white space within the body of the page, if you have a central aligned table design there's lots of unused space to the left and right of the actual design.

Comment

I agree with you Jo. At the risk of going somewhat off topic but I have noticed that some sites have slightly different layouts when viewed with different screen resolutions. An example being www.virginblue.com.au

On this site there is a column to the far right that is only visible on higher resolution screens.

Is there a way to include a feature like this into Actinic?

Comment

actually, i like the minimalist 10.jpg

i'd escape that frame tho

Comment

thanks again everyone, i'v decided to try the first and i personally prefer it! If anyone can find anything wrong with it, or anything that could do with changing please do tell me

Comment

I prefer the logo from the first design, but I feel the overall page should have a couple of contract colurs (grey?) introducduced as the page is too stark.

The introduction of colour/shades is probably why most people prefered design2.

Its probably worth noting that the majority of people who have expressed a preference say design 2. If you go for design 1 just because you prefer it, you may be offering a design which is going to be less sucessful. Taking the votes cast 4 for 2, 1 for 1 this equates to 80% v 20%. How many people on Who wants to be a Millionaire when asking the audience go for the 20% answer.

I have had this conversation with countless clients who were set on their own design whilst prefering to ignore a design put forward by a graphic designer who designs shops for a living.

Comment

Working...
                        X