Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-mail Problems

Hi
    I’m having problems with e-mail’s. Occasionally e-mail’s are sent to my customer and my self as soon as an order has been made and occasionally not. I also have problems with sending emails to my customer through the Actinic Programme, again sometimes they are sent sometimes not.
    Has any one got any ideas?

You'd have to give some details about who your server hosts are.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The Server Host is Legend Communications (formally Businessserve). My settings are as follows:-
      Catalog URL: http://www.citycyclecentre.com/modelrail/acatalog/
      CGI-BIN URL: http://www.citycyclecentre.com/cgi-bin/
      Codebase: ./
      Path from CGI-BIN to Acatalog directory: ../public_html/modelrail/acatalog/
      Server Host: ftp.legend.co.uk
      Path to CGI-BIN: /cgi-bin/
      CGI Extension: .pl
      Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.legend.co.uk
      WebSite URL: www.citycyclecentre.com/modelrail
      Path to Perl Shell: /usr/bin/perl

Comment

It looks to me like your host is having some mail problems. Some typical error messages from your error log are:

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 462 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_jk/1., Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2006/04/02 11:48, Internal Errors = Unable to connect to the mail socket (Connection refused)
        Program = MailScri, Program version = 6 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_jk/1., Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2006/04/06 18:20, Internal Errors = Unable to connect to the mail socket (Connection timed out)
        I suggest you show the error messages to your host and see what they have to say. the error messages are in a file called error.err in your acatalog folder.

I would have taken a look at your hosts support guides to see if I could find a clue there, but for some reason they like to keep them hidden from non-users and require a username and license to view.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

My problem is that i get the message:

Unable to connect to the mail socket (Connection refused)

I'm trying to sort it out, but had no luck so far, my host is justhost.com.

Was wondering if anyone knew where the cgi script is which generates the pages and the mailform so i can look at the source?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, stupid question i found it, its called MailForm.

Comment

Working...
            X