Error with emails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error with emails...

I'm getting a strange problem when trying to send emails via Actinic...I'm maybe just missing something blindingly obvious.

Emails are sent to the right address when test orders are placed, so I know the email account is working correctly. Also, the Network Test passed on every item, although we don't appear to recieve the confirmation email it promises. Finally, the following error occurs when trying to send an email through the Contact form:

Error returned from SMTP server (3: sorry, the sender name and auth login doesn't coincide (#5.7.1))

Slightly stumped...any ideas?
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Are you using Authenticated SMTP sending through your site and bound to your domain name?

If on a linux machine for your hosting, then try just using

localhost

in the SMTP server address without any username and password in the options, and update the site to see if that solves it.

Comment

The contact form seems to die if you enter an invalid email address.

Do not use customer accounts but if logged in do you need to supply the same email address as per the account details?

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

The SMTP server is on the same domain as the site, so shouldn't be any problems there. Like I say, there doesn't seem to be a problem when emails are sent from completed orders, just from the form itself. I tried localhost but the connection was refused.

Jonty, the site is for a client with Catalog and doesn't need customer accounts, so I stripped all the login pages etc from the site!

If I can't get it going I'll code a PHP page to do the work instead, but I'd really rather not have to...
        www.gbradley.co.uk

Comment

Hi there,

I tried checking the error log on the server through your website but I got an error message saying "Account for domain www.gbradley.co.uk has been suspended".
          [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
          Regards,
          Karthik

Comment

Hi,

Its actually a different website than my gbradley.co.uk site (which has been suspended temporarily since i forgot to pay them ) The correct error log is here.

EDIT: All fixed now, cheers.
            www.gbradley.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X