Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component, Attribute on one product not showing when ordered

Hi all,

The Component, Attribute (size) on one of the products is not showing in the view cart page, or when the order is downloaded. It's there on the page but when you add it to cart, the choice is not been passed. It seems to be just on this product http://www.clintonenterprises.com/ac...hirt_pink.html. Everything is the same as the other products.

Has anyone got an idea on how I can fix it.

Thanks in advance

Wayne.

Looking at the source code of the add to cart for that product there is an exclamtion mark in there - could that be breaking the perl scripts somehow?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I see that too. The hidden field for the mandatory Components is using a Duplicate's reference (the 3! bit). However the actual product appears not to be a duplicate. Wierd. You could try deleting this product, purging, then re-creating it.

Also I see you're using 7.0.3. This may have some bugs regarding duplicates. It may be worth updating.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I see you're using my Dynamic Product Images patch in an unusual way. E.g. http://www.clintonenterprises.com/ac...eamJacket.html

I don't see any choices showing on the product page or checkout so I guess that you're using this purely to display alternative views.

I don't recall hearing from you - please remember that this is Donationware.

I also see a partial implementation of my Upsell patch. This seems to be running in Demo mode.

Comment

heh, busted

*sirens*

Comment

Hi Norman,

Yes we are using your Dynamic Product Images patch just to show alternate images. I realise that the extension is DonationWare, we are going to donate honest . What is the usual dontation for this extension?

Regarding the Upsell patch, we are now in a position to purchase the patch as the site is finished and approved. Would we have to go through the full installation of the patch again to make the demo in to a full working version or is there a quick way to do it?

Regards

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1000
              Hi Norman,

What is the usual dontation for this extension?
              A pair of wellies from past experience
              www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Comment

That is weird - I have hit this very same problem this morning.

I have the same problem with this product:

http://seasalt.theoriginalsin.co.uk/..._eva_pant.html

It shows the attributes on the product page but they are missing from the basket and are not passed over with the order. I have had a look at the product set-up within Actinic and it seems to be the same as all my other products which work ok.

I use Norman's upsell product patch (fully paid for thankyou very much!!). The upsell versions of this product are duplicates of the original version and the upsell version works.

I am using v7.05.
                Regards
                David

Comment

I did what Norman suggested. I deleted the product, purged the content and added the product again, now it works fine.

Regards

Wayne

Comment

Looking at the source code of the add to cart for that product there is an exclamtion mark in there - could that be breaking the perl scripts somehow?
                    Just checking - the problem product has an explanation mark in there but so does the upsell duplicate and this works ok.
                    Regards
                    David

Comment

David

You're seeing the same sort of problem that Wayne had. However you're on 7.0.5.

You have a normal product (ref "a") but the hidden field for the mandatory Component is using a reference that is for a Duplicate (in your case the 8th duplicate).

I think this one is for Actinic to look at and fix as it seems to be an HTML generation error.

The problem is your Add to Cart is correctly generated as

<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Add to basket" NAME="_a">

but the code generated to set the Component always selected is

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="v_8!a_3" VALUE="on">

and that 8! simply shouldn't be there.

PS this isn't anytrhing to do with the Upsell. It's working correctly. Upsell products are usually Duplicates and correct duplicate code is being used there for both the Add to cart and the Choices. E.g.

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="v_1!ss06-160-1012-wc_3" VALUE="on">
                      <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Add to basket" NAME="_1!ss06-160-1012-wc">

where the two 1! bits are there and match.

I'd contact Actinic, refer them to your faulty page and this post and see what they suggest.

Comment

Hi Norman - as I said earlier the upsell versions of products work.

To correct this problem I did not delete the product but took a copy of it, deleted the original, and gave the new product the original reference number.

Less typing = better.

David
                        Regards
                        David

Comment

Originally posted by skinnybloke
                          Less typing = better
                          Copy and paste can be a nightmare in Actinic (and other packages) ... I tend to delete and recreate (as per Norman) to ensure nothing corrupted is being transferred across

Bikster
                          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Wayne,

Regarding the Upsell patch, we are now in a position to purchase the patch as the site is finished and approved. Would we have to go through the full installation of the patch again to make the demo in to a full working version or is there a quick way to do it?
                            Usually all you need is to replace a single file from the full version and it becomes fully functional.

The only time you may need to do a reinstall is if you were testing an old version of the Upsell patch. In this case it would be better to replace it with the newest.

Best contact me by email if you want further info.

Comment

I have the same problem

Hi,

I've picked up on this thread because I'm having a similar problem. I have a number of products, five I think, that don’t show size and colour when ordered. The products were set-up months ago and because they are similar I would have made a copy of the first one I set-up and changed the details. I've tried the suggested solution i.e. delete, purge and create a new product. Bizarrely this doesn't solve it and I end up with the same problem with the new product. An example of this is the first product on this page.

https://www.transition-zone.co.uk/ac...a_TopsRun.html

Anyone any ideas?

Regards
                              FitnessJunky

Comment

Working...
                              X