Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order numbers after set up on new server

Hi,

I have just moved a clients site to a new server and switched over. The problem is that the orders have started coming through again but have started back from 0 again, or 100000001 should I say.

how can I get it to start from numbers which follow on from the old server order numbers so as not to upset the ordering system?

any help much appreciated

thanks

Jay

There is an option to reset the order number on the help / troubleshooting menu option.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have actinic 5 and don't seem to have the trouble shooting option on the help menu, is it somewhere else on my version?

Comment

Hi Jayzee,

This can also be done by editing OrderScript.pl.

Open the script with notepad and Find the line

my $nCounter = pack("N", 0);

and change the 0 to whatever required. E.g.

my $nCounter = pack("N", 1234); ( where 1234 is the last order number)

Then upload and remove both Order.num and Backup.num from the acatalog folder (to simulate a newly installed version of Actinic). The next order placed will use the specified order number incremented by 1 (and increment this in the future).

Actinic is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder, replace the script you have changed and upload to your site. If you have a test facility, we strongly recommend that you test any changes before you upload them to your live site.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

cheers, thats exactly what I need to know

thanks

J

Comment

Working...
          X