Using Laplink to Transfer Catalog from Old PC To New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Laplink to Transfer Catalog from Old PC To New

I'll shortly be replacing my old (and ready to die on me any moment...) PC with a lovely shiny new one, but I'd like to make sure in advance that I know how exactly how to transfer Catalog to the new machine.

I was planning to use laplink; do I just literally need to copy or move across the entire Actinic folder and all should be well? Or do I need to install Catalog on the new PC from the original CD and then export the site through a snapshot? Or something else? The old PC will no longer be in use once the new one is set up. Clarification much appreciated - thank you!

You will need to install the same version of Catalog on both PC's then as you say take a snapshot and import this into the new PC
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Also make sure you install and update to the identical version (see Help / About) on your new system.

If you do this and have any problems with the Snapshot route, then copying the entire Site1 folder from the old to new systems should also work.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you both; I've never done this before so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
        X