How do I publish to Froogle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I publish to Froogle

The threads indicate that there is a donwload file to use for Froogle but I can't find it.

Help!
    Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Moss
    www.memixdirect.com

Hi,

If you read Froogle's terms of service they currently only accept sites based in the US using $

They are hoping to go international soon,

Pol

Comment

I will put US$ on my site if I knew how to set it up for Froogle!
      Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Moss
      www.memixdirect.com

Comment

It's an option from the File menu in Catalog
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Sorry but where on the File menu? I can see EXPORT, etc, but not Froogle specifically.
          Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Moss
          www.memixdirect.com

Comment

You need to put $ on your site and then apply to froogle for an account. They will then accept or reject you. If they reject you (which they did with me first time) complain and ask why, I found that they then accepted me. When you have by accepted they will send you instructions on how to upload the site including the username and password for their ftp server. The first time you upload they will check the file that is sent and tell you whether it is acceptable, if there are problems with it then they will tell you what they are and you can fix them and resubmit until you are sucessful. When you are sucessful it takes a week or so for you to appear on froogle and I found that my products appeared a few at a time.

The menu option is File/Export Froogle File Data Feed and is only available in 6.1.0 and above (I think - definately there is 6.1.2).

Regards
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan

Thanks for the advice.

Out of interest Froogle is definiteley NOT on my file, Export option. I have run through creating a .csv export and Froogle is not offered as an option - I am using Catalog 6.1.2
              Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Moss
              www.memixdirect.com

Comment

It's not on my file Export menu either I'm on 6.1.1

Strange!

Comment

It's not part of the export option, it has it's own entry which from the sound of it you don't have for some reason. It is between 'Export' and 'Snapshot' on the file menu.

Regards
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

Its not available on our 6.1.2 Catalog version.

Mike
                    www.thefreemason.com - the internet portal for freemasonry

Comment

[fx: installs a catalog]
                      It looks as if is only available in business. Thats a shame.

But you do get paypal and discounting though.

Sorry for misleading you there.

As a consolation I still compile my own froogle file because the Actinic just doesn't do what I want it to do - it includes all products and then publishes the prices in £ (which is apparently allowed now but I haven't had time to check it out).

Regards,

Comment

On the first page of Actinic's Website it states:

Versions from 6.1.0 onwards also add some significant new functionality:

- Paypal integration
                        - Order level discounting
                        - New Troubleshooting feature
                        - Export a file for submision to
                        Froogle
                        - Digital download as an option
                        with Catalog

I can't see it stating anywhere that it's just business? Does anyone else know or can you find any more info?

Comment

In 6.1.2 Froogle was not included in Actinic Catalog. This will be rectified in the next maintenance release, due out very shortly.

Comment

This is why I like your product - you see a bug and you fix it!

Just like Microsoft - I WISH
                            Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Moss
                            www.memixdirect.com

Comment

Working...
                            X