Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Exectutable to run after export" - what can this do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Exectutable to run after export" - what can this do?

I work from home updating the website, and the actual shop where they process the orders is about an hours drive away - hence I try and do as much as possible remotely.

It would be extremely useful if I could get the Exported Files from the orders screen easily - at the moment I have to talk one of the girls though exporting the files, saving them to a folder and then attaching them to an email - none of this should be difficult but it always causes a lot of grief.

I just noticed this Executable option and wondered if there was some way I could write a script that would save the files to a known location and attach them to an email? Or is there another way we can use this to make the process easier?

How about copying all automated order confirmations to another email address. (Business Settings|Ordering - Email - Send Receipt Email Copies to:.....)

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
      How about copying all automated order confirmations to another email address. (Business Settings|Ordering - Email - Send Receipt Email Copies to:.....)

How would I analyze the data in that format? The exported files are in excel and easy to sort and report on.

Comment

I think you are asking to get all the order detail in excel format?

if so Jan has an export feature in one of her one stop order processing programs,

you could get the girls to run this daily and send you the info, there may even be a scheduler in jan's program.

Comment

If you run the software from home , you can then automatically send a copy email of each order to the factory to send out, whilst you update everything at home
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
          X