But I want to put some text at the top, like so -

Code:
    Online Catalogue > Section 1
    <BR>Here's some useful instructions<BR>
    Sub section 1
    Sub section 2
    Sub section 3
    So how do I get this text in there?

I tried Act_SectionLineSmallText.html but that didn't do anything.
    I tried Act_SectionLineText.html but that put the text in front of every sub section not just the first one.
    I also tried Act_ProductBody.html (which in template manager is allegedly the 'section' body) and this worked perfectly on the section screen. Unfortunately it also put the text on the product screen which is no good...

John

You are almost there. Create a copy of Act_Pimary with the text inserted and save it as Act_PrimarySection.

Then select that as the overall layout for your section pages, and the standard Act_Primary as overall layout for your product pages.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I prefer only to use one act-primary as it saves duplicate editting whenever you need to make design changes.

I'd use a customvar

Comment

a customvar? how would that work? how would I get it to display in sections but not product pages?
        John

Comment

oh wait, i get it!
          John

Comment

ok, now I have a similar question to which neither of the two previous answers seem to solve -

I want to have a big block of text, with tables and colours and images etc at the bottom of product pages, and a different block of stuff at the bottom of section pages...

The customvar wouldn't work for this, but the two primary templates solution nearly works - except that it also puts the product block at the bottom of the home page which is no good...

So what I need is a way of getting a different block of html on - 1) the home page, 2) a section/subsection page, and 3) a product page...

any ideas?
            John

Comment

Create different templates for each required product page from Act_Primary. eg:
              MyAct_Primary1
              MyAct_Primary2...
              and similarly for the brochure page with Act_BrochurePrimary.
              Then select the relevant template as the layout.

Otherwise you could use fragments on each product or brochure page but that would get cumbersome with lots of pages.

Comment

again here's my alternative to using multiple act_primaries, and guess what? its a customvar.

This time you put the html into a file and tell the customvar to use the file content

Comment

cool, I didn't know you could do that...
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X