Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froogle Feed

Hi

Does anyone know why it is that when I upload my Froogle feed it never picks up the images even though the references are included correctly (I think) in the file?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

If you are submitting a new Froogle feed it will take some days before it will be available.

Without seeing a sample of your feed it's not possible to tell what may be wrong with it. Post a sample of your feed and someone may be able to check it for you.

Comment

Thanks for this.

The feed is as exported by Actinic and I am attaching a copy of the file if that helps.

Regards

Martin
      Attached Files

Comment

One thing I see immediately is that you have spelt acatalog wrong - did you modify this after exporting from Actinic?

eg in feed:
        http://www.s135376656.websitehome.co...g/Kettles.html
        and
        http://www.s135376656.websitehome.co...kettle-160.gif

Having said that I see that you presumably have a redirect in place because you do end up viewing the correct pages. Froogle however may not like that redirection.

It would be better if you changed the references to those containing your domain name instead of your webspace root - not sure how or if that will affect Froogle.

Comment

Have you tried using the Mole End froogle feed. Its cheap, easy and works!
          Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

The Froogle feed is exactly as exported by Actinic; I do nothing more than upload it.

Thanks for all your help with this. It seems to be the obvious bits that are stumping me.

Martin

Comment

This is very strange, I don't understand how the spelling of acatalog (acatolog in your feed) could be different in Actinic. What version of Actinic is this?
              Have you got a number of domains redirected to one root space? I see that kitsonlineemporium actually shows kitsonlinekitchenshop and that you have www.s135376656.websitehome.co.uk in your feed. How is Actinic Network Setup configured?

Comment

I have just downloaded to trial of Froogle Mash from Mole End and that exports the file as saying acatolog as well.

Oddly, Froogle accepts the file and says it has processed it correctly, only there are no images.

I use Actinic Catalog 7.0.6.0.0.0.GBGA.

There are 4 domains in all (there is also www.kitsonlinegeneralstore.co.uk), three of which divert to www.s135376656.websitehome.co.uk. My web host is 1&1.

I will have a look at the network settings and report back.

Martin

Comment

A better way to do the domain management would be for each domain to have it's own root folder. This can be setup in the 1and1 control panel. Then you can place a .htaccess file (presuming Linux hosting) in each root folder to permanently redirect to just one of the domains. You won't get the best natural results in Google when your domain name is not what is picked up on your site. I'd give this some thought.

Comment

Is it possible someone has changed the spelling of acatalog in the html code somewhere?
                    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

I think I have got to the bottom of the acatolog bit.

In my network setup the catalog URL says "catolog" which is where I think the error lies. I have corrected it and refreshed the shop and the Froogle feed now says catalog.

Given that this error must have existed from day 1, I cannot help but wonder how my shop appears in Froogle at all!

Comment

Working...
                      X