Google Adwords Displays Wrong Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Adwords Displays Wrong Ad

Having read a number of threads on this site I decided to reconfigure my Adword campaign.

I sorted different phrases into common campaigns using common words in the Ad title and text and linking to appropriate pages. However, I notice that if I put I put in a phrase say 'gothic baby' my 'alternative baby' ad displays even through it is a different campaign that does not contain the key phrase gothic baby.

Does anyone know why? Thanks Geraldine

www.stardustkids.co.uk
    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

I also see that both phrases 'gothic baby' and 'alternative baby' show the same ad:
    Punk Baby & Kids Clothing
    A collection of cool punk clothes
    T-Shirts and gifts for 0 - 8 years.
    www.stardustkids.co.uk

All I can suggest is to look carefully again at the collection of phrases you have and make sure you don't have some that are overlapping. It can also take quite a few hours or so for ad changes to become active across the Google servers sometimes.

A point of interest re the search phrase 'alternative baby' - neither the ad title nor ad body above contain the search phrase keywords. You may find it more effective if your ad read something like:
    Alternative Baby & Kids Clothing
    A collection of alternative baby
    T shirts & gifts for 0-8 years.

The more highlighted words in your ad the more effective it could be. The littlepagans.com ad illustrates this difference.

Comment

Thats what I'm trying to say. The ad Punk Clothes only contains words such as punk baby clothes punk baby t-shirts. Its does not contain any words with alternative or gothic in!
      Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

Sorry I understood your 'alternative baby' ad was the one that I saw displayed and posted above.

If you've recently activated these campaigns maybe wait a while to see if it sorts itself out. If not you could contact Google (who are usually quiite helpful) but may take a couple of days to get back to you. Otherwise you could try creating another campaign or ad group to narrow down the problem

Comment

Working...
        X