Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License new site

Hi,

I'm trying to install Actinic v4 on another user's machine to allow them to download our product orders for processing. I'm at the stage where I've installed it ok, but now I'm getting stuck on licensing a new site to get all our 3 sites on there.

I've been using the 3 different installation keys given to us for each site, but I keep getting an error that says the key is not unique. Should I be renaming the site names from the "Sites" folder or are they to remain the same name as those sites located on the main computer where the sites are maintained??

I don't know how else to go about it. I appreciate any help sent my way.

Dalia

Within your current installation that has been operational, each site should be named uniquely, so would do the same for these - if that does not work, then would raise a support ticket within the Actinic website, but not sure if they still support v4 as that is quite old now, unless you are on Cover with them for it?

Comment

I assume you are using the File menu, License New site option to add your sites?

I've had this error in the past and its normally been because I was trying to use a V4 key with a V5 site, or because I was typing in the incorrect key

Have you double checked the keys including case sensitivity?

Try cut and paste from your install that works, if you are using inbuilt encryption you will need all 4 keys from Housekeeping Security

Comment

Thanks for both your replies. I have uniquely named each site as well as double checked the installation keys and all was fine.

From your suggestions, I did a copy and paste from the install that works via Housekeeping Security, and all 3 sites ran smoothly. I couldn't see any differences with the keys that I entered manually, as all were identical, including case sensitivity.

Nevertheless, the main thing is that all 3 sites are in and now working.

Thanks for your advice!

Dalia.

Comment

Working...
        X