Home Page Printout Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Page Printout Issue

As part of self promotion of the site to commercial concerns I want to mass mail a letter of introduction and include a color printout of my home page and the main catalog entry page.

A piece of the template isn't printing. The right end of the bar under the logo is missing from any page printed.

Is this fixable?

Thanks for any guidance.

C

Follow up. Had only tried it in Firefox and Explorer. I downloaded Opera and it prints just fine from there.

New Question:
    Should I delete this post, or leave it for anyone else having print problems.
    Attached Files

Printing issues will be in many cases down to the design of the site and the options enabled in the browser.

i.e. if you have a background image on your site which adds a significant amount of detail to the site and it just does not look correct without it, then the person printing the page needs to have printing of webpage backgrounds enabled in its options.

Likewise, the width that your page is set to and the the orientation that the visitor prints out to (landscape / portraite) is another consideration which you can not control, although making it a width which will print on portraite is the obvious target.

trial and error within your design is the answer, or just use the Opera you downloaded for this 1 time usage you need being the simple solution for your immediate needs I guess.

Comment

Uhhh....I guess I'll leave the post as is.

Comment

Yup sorry, leave it on the forum.

Its a valid question, which you found a solution on by using a different browser, with the point of the reply being to explain the possible reasons behind why it did not show all you were expecting to see in the printout, compared to what you view within your browser.

If you do a print out of a great many sites, they have the same problem, for example, littlewoods product pages seem to disappear into the abyse on formatting compared to its visible web browser view

Comment

Working...
        X