URGENT! help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT! help please

It sounds daft but i accidently deleted the cgi files, and now when i upload it says 'an error occured while sending the merge request'

please help this is very very urgent....

Are you doing a full refresh of the website or an update?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

just an update i think, the blue arrow

Comment

Try clicking on web and then refresh website.

Let us know how things go after that

Comment

its still refreshing, on sending catalog files it keeps resetting itself so the progress bar at the bottom keeps jumping back to 1 after about 5 or 6.
          any tips on helping this process?

Comment

I haven't heard of that before. I would cancel that update and then follow the suggestions in this knowledge base article before trying to refresh again.

http://knowledge.actinic.com/cgi-bin....com/acatalog/

Mike

Comment

ok, i followed the knowledge base and deleted:
              candprice.fil, candprod.fil,candtext.fil,diffprod.fil, difftext.fil,fullprice.fil,fullprod.fil,fulltext.fil,newprice.fil,newprod.fil and newtext.fil, couldnt find any old*.fil

now it says:

An error occurred while writing to "acatalog" on the web site. The problem is probably due to permissions problems, but could be due to low disk space. Actinic can not work with these settings. Press Cancel if you would like to manually examine the permissions and disk space on the web site. Press Retry if you would like Actinic to attempt to change the permissions on the directory for you.

Comment

increment the script number, and do a full refresh?

actually, what i did faced with a problem like this, is to rename the acatalog folder manually in ftp to "acatalog_" then refresh. this creates a new folder, and fresh files.

this, in conjunction with setting a new script value, fixed a lot of dire situations for me in actinic.

since i'm a fiddler, and i break it a lot, i'm on my 8th revision.

Comment

great ill try changing the folder name, dunno what you mean by 'increment the script number' tho.
                  im a bit slow....

Comment

go to network settings and change the script number to be one greater than what it is right now.

it is probably 1 so change it to 2

Comment

Very rarely if 2 Actinic sites are on a shared server the script number can clash - may be worth going for a random number (up to 99) to avoid any clashes

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It sounds like it could be a permissions problem. If you deleted the directory and then re-created it, you might not have reset the permissions to 755.

To do this, ftp into your site and view the permissions set for the cgi-bin. It should be set to 755.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X