Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Templates or Inputting Data - Which comes first???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Templates or Inputting Data - Which comes first???

Hi everyone

I'm new to Actinic but need to create (finish) this site within a couple of weeks.

http://bfcc.co.uk/pooldirect

My question is:
    Is it best to get the templates as I need them first, or just start ploughing through inputting the data and do the templates afterwards.

Any help with developing this site would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys
    Andy

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum.

It's a bit of a "chicken and egg" proceedure for me. I tend to get the templates in the right ball park then start sticking the products and sections into Actinic... uploading on a daily basis to help the search engines along the way... changes to the finished site then come when the majority of the products are already there (I tend to hard code the navigation so need the finished URL for the links).

It is then tweaking and adding all the time to get it to look right and adding new content for the serach engines to get stuck into

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

for me, I got bored with BOTH processes (entering and altering) so I started both and swapped between them

Comment

I am redesigning my website at the moment , i switch between the 2 processes also, i always start with the template then can't resist putting my products in to see what they look like :-)

Comment

Working...
        X