Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Check - Loading Time

Hi,

i found that my site loading time is rather slow.
    takes about 150s to load the index page (b4 the images start loading),
    and 180s for the images to be loaded fully.

other html pages take about 2s to load (b4 the images),
    total loading time, including images, varies since different pages uses different amount of images

im running on 256Kbps and the server is in texas. im using the smart theme. so is there any way to reduce the loading time?
    thanks

site url: http://www.qvtailor.com

Your Act_section_tree.js is over 1Mb which is what is causing the problem. Have a search on the forum and you will fiind ways around this. I understand it's related to using YahooSections.

Comment

Hi i have had a look on your website and found it a great site!

i noted that your site seems a little slow

[Content removed by moderator - cdicken]

Many thanks

Robert

+44 (0) 8708 55 44 72
      robert@site-hostuk.com

Comment

Robert - be careful you dont get banned for spamming the site 3 posts all selling your services so far

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

And Roberts first and only non-spam post (only a few weeks ago) was asking for help setting up Actinic on his server. Not exactly the skill set you'd expect from a dedicated Actinic host.

I thinks the Moderators should take a look.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The size of your image files are too large. One of the shirts at the bottom is 62K and should really be way under 10k.

Try reducing the the size of your images.

Regards

Jason
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Have a read through http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=14853 especially Norman's post 7 - this will describe a couple of ways to reduce the Act_section_tree.js file size.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby
                The size of your image files are too large. One of the shirts at the bottom is 62K and should really be way under 10k.

Try reducing the the size of your images.

Regards
                Jason
                the reason for big size images are for customers to preview the products they are seeing before they make a purchase. im afraid reducing the size might hurt the quality of the images.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
                  Have a read through http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=14853 especially Norman's post 7 - this will describe a couple of ways to reduce the Act_section_tree.js file size.
                  thanks, will try that to see if it will help reduce the loading time

Comment

the reason for big size images are for customers to preview the products
                    You should offer big pictures as a clickable link so people have the choice whether to view them or not. Then they can be as big as you like.

Images which are part of a general page should be small to ensure quick download time

Comment

It is often worth "playing" with the images in PhotoShop etc as you can make huge savings on file size whilst retaining the details.. it is worth checking between using GIf's and JPEG's as the results can make big difference

Bikster

Comment

yong

Not part of your question, but when i visited your site under the diagrams for peoples shapes you have references to "Normal" and variations from the Normal.

You may well find this discription "Normal" could offend some customers as it could be read to suggest the other sizes and shapes are not Normal persons.

A small point that may be over-reacting as i am overweight myself but suggest following words may be a better discription
                        Standard
                        Regular
                        Average
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Look at the out-cry from the M&S "I'm normal" campaign!

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                            You should offer big pictures as a clickable link so people have the choice whether to view them or not. Then they can be as big as you like.

Images which are part of a general page should be small to ensure quick download time
                            Actually, the index page is like an "advertisement" page whereby u will get to see different products upon each visit. The results generated were based on the froogle export from actinic, images used were the main as used in each product page.

I'll try to figure how to reduce image size and not affect the image in the product page. Thanks

jont - i will try that out, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
                              yong

Not part of your question, but when i visited your site under the diagrams for peoples shapes you have references to "Normal" and variations from the Normal.

You may well find this discription "Normal" could offend some customers as it could be read to suggest the other sizes and shapes are not Normal persons.

A small point that may be over-reacting as i am overweight myself but suggest following words may be a better discription
                              Standard
                              Regular
                              Average
                              Well, i just lifted all text and dump in without any edition
                              but will take note of this and make the necessary changes, thanks for the suggestion

Comment

Working...
                              X