Hierarchical Import - Custom Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hierarchical Import - Custom Properties

I have been gradually building up a spreadsheet template for hierarchical import and all was going well but the import has started to "miss" a custom property - but only sometimes!

All items have the same custom properties to import (but with different values) and one of them is called "SectionPrice". It is the first custom property in the spreadsheet for each item. For some items this custom property just doesnt import but for others it works fine.

I get no error messages when importing.

Is this a known problem or can anyone suggest what might be happening?

Thanks
    Trevor:

Have you defined the custom Property for the SectionPrice at the top of the import file, if you have check the spelling and case are the same.

Do you get any errors when you import?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
      Have you defined the custom Property for the SectionPrice at the top of the import file, if you have check the spelling and case are the same.

Do you get any errors when you import?

Regards,
      Yes - the Custom Property is defined and
      No - I don't get any errors on import.

I think it's odd that on a single import sheet I have lots of items to import and they all have the same Custom Properties but for some items this particular CP fails to import. It is always the first CP for the item.

Comment

If this is repeatable it may be worth checking the prior line. There may be some missing fields there that are messing up the following Custom Property line.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
          If this is repeatable it may be worth checking the prior line. There may be some missing fields there that are messing up the following Custom Property line.
          It's a bit complicated but you were basically right to check previous lines Norman so thanks for the pointer.

If you're interested and have the time the problem was ..........

I have a standard attribute called "Sizes" and within the import spreadsheet there are 8 choices of size. The formulas and macros in the spreadsheet mean that every product automatically has 8 choices but in reality some may only need 2 or 3. So if one or more of the choices are not required for a product the spreadsheet automtically marks the appropriate column of the choice lines that are not required so that they will be deleted within Actinic when you do a Purge Content.

This seemed to work OK but only the first "deleted" choice showed up in Actinic for any relevent product. Other deleted choices for the same product just didnt show. I don't know why - could be because all the deleted choices had the same choice description ? Anyway this didnt seem to be a problem so I just ignored it.

However I have a 2nd import spreadsheet (based on the same/similar formulas etc) to import duplicate products under the brand name rather than product type. This again imported size choices in the same way as above.

When I imported the 2nd sheet the problem with Custom Properties became apparant! Any product that came AFTER a product with multiple (not single) deleted choices lost it's first Custom Property!

I think it was a combination of importing choices with the same description, importing choices marked for deletion and importing choices for duplicate items.

So I tidied up the choices formulas and macros so that any choice lines not required are deleted in the spreadsheets before the import and now everything is fine!

Comment

Working...
          X