Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutiple sites - Items and value display

Hi

I am in the process of developing a site. The web host allows me to use different web site homes for each sub domain. Currently at www.shop.tmtecommerce.com (which is mapping to the root directory of my webspace) I have one version of the site and when I add to the basket and go back to the product page the items and value of the basket are displayed correctly.

However, I loaded another version at www.trevor.tmtecommerce.com which displays the items and value of the basket correctly in the checkout and view basket phases but still displays zero for each when I return to the product page.

The second version does not use SSL for payments but I don't think that should be a problem. The cgi scripts for each site are stored in the same cgi-bin directory which different CGI script ID's.

Am I missing a trick here ? Is what I am trying to achieve feasable ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Trevor

I think that it is possible that the two sites are different, if you view source you see a reference to d:\program files .... in one and c:\program files ... in the other. I would suggest changing your network settings in the first site you did to the test place and then doing a site refresh and seeing what happens.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Re: Mutiple sites - Items and value display

Originally posted by trevorsm
      Am I missing a trick here ? Is what I am trying to achieve feasable ?
      Checking your sites (nice design BTW) it looks like you missed the trick. The mini cart display uses cookies. The cookie is created by the CGI script therefore it is assigned to the domain of your CGI URL. If your CGI and Catalog URL domain is not the same then the javascript on the Catalog pages can not access the cookie created at the CGI domain.
      Exactly this is the problem on your second site. The Catalog URL is http://www.trevor.tmtecommerce.com/acatalog/ and the CGI URL is http://www.tmtecommerce.com/cgi-bin/. As you can see the domain is different therefore cookies can not be accessed. If you change your CGI URL to http://www.trevor.tmtecommerce.com/cgi-bin/ then presumably it does the trick.

Regards,
      Zoltan
      Actinic Software
      www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Hi Zoltan

Thanks for your help and explanation.

I did try initially to use www.trevor.tmtecommerce.com/cgi-bin but when I run either Configure Web Site Details or Advanced network setup I have errors.

If Advanced Network setup I get the following error:

Actinic Ecommerce is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

If there anything I have not done ?

Thanks

Trevor

Comment

Originally posted by trevorsm
          I did try initially to use www.trevor.tmtecommerce.com/cgi-bin but when I run either Configure Web Site Details or Advanced network setup I have errors.
          That's most likely a server configuration issue. You do not have proper cgi-bin mapping for the specified domain. I would suggest checking of the web server configuration and use the same CGI settings for this domain as for the other virtual servers.

Regards,
          Zoltan
          Actinic Software
          www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X