Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Question

Hi,

I have now set my shipping up for Total Weight. Default weight is set to 0.25 and I have used Normans code to force each item to '2' in the add to basket (which is great!)

In the product I have set a weight of 1.75 kg but i thought the actual 'shipping' charges were made AFTER the client adds there address or they get to choose the price and how they want it shipped?

When I add ANY item to the basket it immediately shows a charge for First Class post?

Any advice would be very much appreciated, I thought this bit would be easy!

Basically, we are posting low weight, ( 2 felt DJ slipmats with our artwork on customised with a DJ name/phrase) about the weight of a vinyl record and will have either First class post (maybe second) for UK and then one courier for the rest of the world & Europe etc.

I have d-loaded the shipping lists from the site for FedEx, Parcel Force and DHL but does anyone know.. which one is cheapest as far as actually using a courier?

Again, any assistance is very much welcomed at this late stage.

Cheers,

Brian
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Re: Shipping Question

Originally posted by BrianCurtis
    In the product I have set a weight of 1.75 kg but i thought the actual 'shipping' charges were made AFTER the client adds there address or they get to choose the price and how they want it shipped?
    I guess the "remember me" option is in effect here. If you have already visited the site (I guess that's the case as you are testing the changes ) the location and shipping info is stored in the "remember me" cookie. If you remove your cookies (simulate a new buyer) then the shipping cost will not be available before the shipping page.

Cheers,

Zoltan
    Zoltan
    Actinic Software
    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

cheapest shipping method

Hi,
      I'm running catalog 7, and have a problem with the drop down list in the checkout and view cart page.

At the moment if a customer buys something and uses special delivery, that is what will be selected next time they buy something.
      I want it to select the cheapest option every time by default.
      Is this possible?

thanks
      www.squeakybee.co.uk
      Creative Gift Ideas - Jellycat toys - Home Accessories

Comment

Hi there

The only things which are possible are showing the Shipping method in the following list:
        1. ascending order of total cost (Default set)
        2. descending order of total cost
        3. ascending alphabetical order
        4. descending alphabetical order

To choose any of these, simply go to the following folder: "C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\ShipControl". Find "ShippingTemplate.pl" and open it in notepad.
        Now do a search for "CUSTOMISE". You should see the following: "ACTINIC CUSTOMISE: Sort the shipping options".
        Here if you wanted to show the shipping classes via "ascending alphabetical order" then comment out the following by putting a '#' in front of it.
        Code:
        @::s_arrSortedShippingHashes = sort{$$a{Cost} <=> $$b{Cost}} @arrShippingHashes;
        should now look like
        Code:
        # @::s_arrSortedShippingHashes = sort{$$a{Cost} <=> $$b{Cost}} @arrShippingHashes;
        and
        Code:
        #	@::s_arrSortedShippingHashes = sort{$$a{ShippingLabel} cmp $$b{ShippingLabel}} @arrShippingHashes;
        should now look like
        Code:
        	@::s_arrSortedShippingHashes = sort{$$a{ShippingLabel} cmp $$b{ShippingLabel}} @arrShippingHashes;
        Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X