Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Privacy Policy, enabled but not showing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privacy Policy, enabled but not showing?

I have an emended `privacy policy` selected via Business Settings, T&C, Privacy Policy.

But.

When clicking on (Internet Explorer) View, Privacy Report, then selecting footballheaven.net, it says it cannot find a privacy policy...
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

You need to add a link to the policy in the head section of Act_Primary

Like this <link rel="P3Pv1" href="http://www.egyptianwonders.co.uk/w3c/p3p.xml">
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
      You need to add a link to the policy in the head section of Act_Primary

Like this <link rel="P3Pv1" href="http://www.egyptianwonders.co.uk/w3c/p3p.xml">
      Bill, I'm in dumpling mode here, do I have to upload something manually too? I kinda thought it was all streamlined, done and dusted via Actinic. Not even sure where to look for it...
      Football Heaven

Comment

George - I could never get the Actinic generated p3p link to work so I commented it out and hardcoded the link myself.

You need to upload the p3p xml file yourself, or add it to your Additional Files.

Maybe someone else had success doing it the Actinic way and can tell us both how they did it.

I looked for a long time, but could not find anywhere to specify the Custom p3p file name in View | Business Settings - Terms and conditions - Privacy Policy. My attempts to paste the file contents in the boxes provided always failed.

Basically, I went the easy route.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I have actually spent a bit if time on this, with no success (obviously).

Surely others need this to work also?

I've actually just had a customer on the phone saying he cannot place an order. He has cookies enabled, and `never has problems ordering anywhere else online`. Just wondered if there is a connection here.

A friend was showing me his new phone (pda possibly?) last week, but when trying to enter our site security warnings were showing. I've tried our site on three different machines but cannot see any problems.
          Football Heaven

Comment

Spent more time on this and eventually gave up on the built in version.

Used the same p3p people as you did Bill, so thanks for the advice. Think its working fine now, so hopefully that'll add a customer or two to the masses...
            Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
            X