Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purge Orders but leave Person table intact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purge Orders but leave Person table intact?

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to purge orders, yet leave the customer info intact?

We deleted a year or two of orders, but then discovered that it wiped the data from the Person table too.

This is a bit annoying as we would like to keep customer info on hand for when we do repeat manual orders, yet we would like to do housekeeping on the Order and OrderDetail tables.

It would also be nice if Actinic could recognise that the address1 & postcode have been used before and only add a new record if those fields are unique.

any suggestions?
    Eileen Eby
    http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

Actinic recognises an order as an order and not as a customer, with orders being separate from customers and keeping the customer details maintained by the customer accounts side of life, so if you are on Catalog, then you will not be able to separate the two, but if on Business then you can create a customer account for each order simply by a couple of clicks from an order the buyer conducts, which would then give you what you were after, but afraid as an order, it is just an order and not a customer retention of details once you purge the orders.

Likewise should add - customer accounts does not retain the order history of a customer, but understand there is (or will be back available soon) an addon for Actinic that provides historical data on purchases made through an Actinic site - which is provided by smartdecision.net.

Comment

thanks for the feedback.
      We are using Actinic Catalog

I've written my own add-on for Actinic which does the customer history side of things, but because that info is in an external table, we unfortunately cannot access that info from inside Actinic to populate the manually entered customer details.

Can you tell me if it is possible to upgrade from Catalog to Business without paying the full product price?

regards
      Eileen Eby

Comment

Yes, there is an upgrade path available from Catalog to Business, which is approx 50% of the Catalog RRP off the price of a copy of Business, with the Catalog copy you had then retired.

Not 100% certain if Business will solve all of your needs to be honest, although it will (by virtue of creating those customer accounts from orders easily) provide the central customer details Db if you like...

Maybe the historical ability of the addon from SmartDecision.net might be the way forward for you in this respect, so maybe take a look at that before jumping into the Business version as it might save you plenty of £££'s if there tool provides what you want, then again it may not also, so just want to give you all the possible angles I know about - others may have other angles on this for you also...

Comment

I've been playing with the Business version of Actinic... we are looking at doing the upgrade from Catalog to Business.

can anyone tell me if there is a tool to spin through our thousands of orders to create customer records for them?

Or do we have to pay the rather significant upgrade price to activate code which is already on our machine, only to then have to sit here and manually create a customer account for every blinking customer?
          Eileen Eby

Comment

Hi Eileen,

I'm afraid that you need to create each account manually.In the Business version of the software, right click on an order, in the "Customers" tab click on the button "Create Customer Account" and follow the wizard.

Comment

Working...
            X