Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return to products page after adding to basket

Hi,
    When ever products are added to the basket the customer is returned to /acatalog/index.html

How can I make it return the customer to the product page they clicked the buy button from ?

It also does the same from the continue shopping button when viewing the basket.

Thanks

Peter
    Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Hi there

Normally this is what Actinic does, when you add a product and confirm it, it takes you back to the product section.

The only time i have seen it going back to the /acatalog/index.html is when the client/customer is using Norton 2003. Are you using Norton 2003? If so, try disabling it, and testing out your site

Development are currently investigating this issue with norton.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Yes I am using Norton 2002 and disabling it makes the site work correctly.

For your information:
      If I disable Norton buy a product from Page X I am taken back to page X, if I now enable Norton again and buy a product from page Y I am taken back to page X.

Thanks

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter

Thank you for the new information, i have passed this onto development.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

The reason of this problem is the privacy control of Norton Internet Security. This blocks the HTTP_REFERER by default therefore the script does not know where is it called from (where to return). Actually the only way to resolve this issue is to turn off the refferrer blocking in NIS. This can be done on the Options|Advanced Options dialog's Privacy tab.

Regards,
          Zoltan
          Actinic Software
          www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Yes, I turned off the referer blocking and it worked fine.

Thanks

Peter

Comment

Actinic/Norton conflict?

Can I ask if anyone has experienced these problems with the Catalog v6.x and Norton combination? I'm having problems with a couple of customers (but by no means all) getting an "Access forbidden" message at some stage in the ordering and suspect it may be a Norton thing - however have been told by Actinic that v6 does not have this problem anymore.

Any ideas, anyone?

Nick Dobson
              Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

Nick,

I've just tried ordering something from your site, using IE6 and Norton 2002 and when I went to check out I got the following:

A General Script Error Occurred
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Error: The site configuration has been updated by the shop operator while you are checking out. Please navigate back to the product pages by pressing the Browser Back button and try again or contact the site owner.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

But I can place orders fine on other peoples and my own V6 sites.

Also, on my PC (WinXP, IE6, 800x600) I cant see all of the left hand menu, it drops off the bottom of my screen with no scroll bar to go lower and on the front page the only way I could get in to your shop was to click on the special offers link.

Peter

Comment

Nick,

According to Peter's investigation it looks like you are using a "relatively old" version of Actinic 6. A quick query pointed out that you are using 6.0.1.0.0.0 CLCB at the moment. I would suggest to visit our download page and get the latest version which most likely resolves your problem. However if this problem is not too urgent then probably it is worth waiting a few more days with upgrade when you can get v6.1.3 (wich is on beta at the moment).

Regards,
                  Zoltan
                  Actinic Software
                  www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X