Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many PSP pending

Hi

I have searched the forums and can't find a solution to this problem - apologies if it's been addressed somewhere:

We have a busy site, and I'm happy with the volume of sales (for now).

However, far too many orders are going into PSP. Sometimes as many as 20% - potentially a huge amount of lost revenue.

We use Secpay as our payment gateway, and bank with HSBC. We simply don't have time to call every PSP customer to find out exactly what happened, so we are currently waving goodbye to sales.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Obviously some of the PSPs are abandoned, fraudulent, etc, but we often get phone calls asking us to do telephone orders because the checkout has frozen or malfunctioned. We don't like 'phone orders, and it defeats the object somewhat of an ecommerce site.

If there isn't a fix readily available, could we have a default email going to all the PSP failures, to try to salvage some of them?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
    Dave
    www.baggamenswear.co.uk

When they say that the checkout was frozen or malfunctioned, do they say what error they get or anything like that when it malfunctions?

Comment

Some say that they can't get past the "go to Secpay" page, some say the card is rejected for no apparent reason, but in the vast majority of cases, we never find out because we have no contact with the customer. We simply haven't the resources at the moment to chase them all up.

Comment

It seems to be down to connecting to SecPay then, as opposed to the information being sent back to you site after the buyer has done the deed within the payment processing side of things, so would speak with SecPay on this one, especially if the issues are more on rejection of payment, which they might have an admin panel for tweaking the fraud settings (maybe don't know how configurable they are).

On the not bounding on to the SecPay page, take it this is that it simply keeps trying to connect but never gets the connection to the secpay system, so would try and ascertain as closley as possible the dates/times of these and then speak with SecPay on it giving them the details of the date and time for some example ones to them, to see if they can provide you with input, but would suggest this is not down to your side of things, but with the 2 sets of problems, more like an issue at the PSP side - but could be wrong, so just some ideas for you, but would definately speak with them on it.

Comment

Thanks very much. I'll try your suggestions. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Why are you using SecPay when you can send the payments direct to HSBC for processing. This will cut your costs and perhaps the number of pending payments.

Comment

Hi

We did use the HSBC gateway for a while, but found it to be an absolute nightmare, so returned to Secpay, who had previously processed payments for us. Has HSBC improved? We haven't used them for two years.

Thanks
              David

Comment

I have several sites using them and dont get many problems - any are usually due to fraud control settings.

Comment

Do you think any of your happy HSBC users would talk to me, or even better, show me the current interface? As I said, we had loads of problems 2 years ago, and would at this stage be very anxious about going back to HSBC

Comment

Working...
                  X