Component and attribute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component and attribute.

For some products on which I have component (for example possibility to add a specification with a supplement of price) and attribute (for example different colour for a product, without supplement of price) : If the client tick the component I can have all the informations (component and attribute) in the 'Data Entry' reports and also in the 'Customer' tab of the customer order. But if he didn't choose the component I do not have the information for the attribute. What is the solution ?
    Didier
    www.supreme.fr

Separate the 2 out - at the moment it sounds like one is dependant on the other being selected - feature them on their own so they can be selected as different options and show accordingly

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yes they are probably dependant but I am looking for the way to separate the two. I I create the attribute first and try to create the component, I get a message to cut the attribute, create the component and paste the attribute to the new component (so they will be dependant).
      If I try to create the component first, when I try to add the attribute I get the mseeage "it is not possible for a product to have attributes if it already have a component".
      So is it really possible to have component and attribute but no dependant one from the other ?
      Didier
      www.supreme.fr

Comment

Create 2 components under the product... each with their own atributes and choices eg:

Component A : Product Upgrade
        Choice 1 : Please select an upgrade
        Choice 2 : Silk Cloth £100.00
        Choice 3 : Cotton Cloth £50.00

Component B : Colour
        Choice 1 : please select a colour
        Choice 2 : Red
        Choice 3 : Blue

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank you John, it works perfectly.