- (dashes) & _ (underscores)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- (dashes) & _ (underscores)

I read a recent thread detailing that - were better in page titles than _ as google see - as a space and _ as no space. I notice when I type in my subsection names the page titles is automatically given the same name but with _ rather than - Is it possible to set Actinic to put - rather than _.

Thanks

Geraldine

www.stardustkids.co.uk
    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

I believe that if you type Stardust(space)Kids, then Actinic changes the space to _ but if you type Stardust-Kids it is left as you type it.

Comment

Then my page titles will look odd to the viewer.

Geraldine
      Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

I dont think it makes much difference what you use. Yes, technically - is the correct method but google is clever. Try searching for kids clothes, No3 is http://www.adams.co.uk/kids_clothes/kids_clothes.htm out of 93 Million pages.

Yes - does look odd which is why people switched to _ . - is from the early programming days when SEs could not separate words, this is where the domain names with - come from. Now SEs can separate words much better and now domain names run together and in theory file names?

I have tried both and cannot see much difference, in Actinic I stick with _ in DW I use -.

Comment

Interestingly if you look at their (actinic) online schoolwear shop is has dashes

http://shop.adamscard.co.uk/acatalog/girls-skirts.html

this doesn't do so well in the search terms but it has only been there for a few months, so this might change I guess.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X