Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to purge components within a product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to purge components within a product?

We have quite a lot of products that we add and take off the site as and when they are available. However, many of those products have components which are no longer needed and we would like to purge them.

Is there any way of purging just the deleted items from a specific product and not the entire site? Seems a little short sighted to only be able to purge the entire site...

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Purging tends to take out everything - not just specific products, components etc. May be worth delving into the database and deleting manually (should be possible though not tried) ... although this is easily prone to disaster so take a copy first

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Why not hide on website rather than mark for deletion in Actinic. Then you wouldn't have the problem of purging content that you might later want to undelete.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
        Why not hide on website rather than mark for deletion in Actinic. Then you wouldn't have the problem of purging content that you might later want to undelete.
        Forgive my ignorance but how do I do that?

Comment

Under the General Tab of a product you can select to Hide on Web Site.

Comment

That's great, don't know why I hadn't done it that way around before. All sorterd now, thanks.

Comment

Note that hiding on the website only removes them from the Actinic generated navigation - you may still need to FTP to the site to remove any legacy sections (pages)

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X