Email alert not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email alert not working

The email alert when orders have been placed has stopped working. I've changed the address in the business settings and uploaded again but it's still not operating - any clues anyone?

In the network setup wizard did you get any error results from the "test" option?

Also worth checking for typos and for any mail filtering software on te remote server and your local machine. If your PC is filtering emails from a network are they being set to collect the new address?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Do I need to reconfigure the network after only changing the email alert address? Everything else seems to be working and we're not running anything different on the network.

Comment

No but the test will send the test email to the new address. I assume you have uploaded the site after changing the email address?

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yes I've done an upload so I'll try and do a test then. Do I have to use the wizard or will just the 'Test' button tell me if it's working or not?

Comment

Did the test and this is the result (The firewall has always been off throughout this BTW):

The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again. If it fails again, then it is possible, you were locked out by a firewall program, or you don't have network connection to this server.

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
            server: passed
            connection: failed
            sockets: passed
            communications: failed
            authorisation: failed

I see our mailserver address has always been a POP server yet the setup requires an SMTP server address. Now I'm REALLY confused as it has been working fine up until a few weeks ago.

Comment

You should probably check with your host. It sounds to me as if they may have changed something which would explain why it used to work and it doesn't now.

Comment

Working...
              X