X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uploading removes cgi's!!

hi, ive recently built a site which the client is now updating himself

http://www.racewaysdiecastmodels.co.uk

However, when the client uploads the site it seems to remove all the cgi and not put it back. the search and add to cart functions do not work. They work ok if i upload and the client hasnt changed any FTP settings. If i log in via a seperate ftp i can see that there are no cgi files at all.

The error from the search function:
    Not Found
    The requested document was not found on this server.

The error from Add to Cart:
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Anyone have an ideas what the problem is?

Thanks
    steve

What happens when the client does the upload? Any error messages that appear are going to give a better clue as to what's happening.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

he gets a merge error at the end of the upload, apart from that its the only error he receives

Comment

well the merge error tells me the upload doesn't complete, hence the missing files.

Please do a search in this forum on merge error as it is quite a common problem

After you have tried the suggestions and solutions you find, and you still have a problem report back telling us what steps you took and the results. We can work forwards from there

Comment

Has your client tried a full "website purge and refresh" under Help | Troubleshooting? This will synchronise their local files with those on the server and not with those you have uploaded

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X