Parcelforce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parcelforce

I'm trying to configure my store so that it goes by total weight and then calculates a price for that weight, and also depending on what region of the UK & Ireland they are in.

Is there a ready made solution for this or is this something I have to do from scratch? I got really confused earlier just by looking at the help file and openng the shipping sections in business settings.

Can anyone give me some tips on what I have to do to offer parcelforce shipping?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Tjobbe

You can download the ParcelForce shipping table import file from our website from the link given here which you can import it into Actinic (File | Import )

I hope this helps.
    Regards

Dhivya Malani

Comment

Not sure if you want a 'cookbook' guide, but here are the steps you need to take:

1. Give each product a weight (include packing if it makes a significant difference)
      2. View|Business Settings|Shipping & Handling. In 'calculation basis', select 'total weight'. In 'Shipping Bands', create the relevant zones and the member countries/regions, create a Parcel Force class, and fill in the rates table for each zone.

There is bound to be an easy way to load rates tables rather than entering them line by line, but someone else will be able to help you there.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I didn't get an email notification so I forgot about this thread till today!

So how will parcelforce know what to charge? At the moment it only allows me to chooses USA regions, how does the shipping differentiate a client from highlands and island and then mainland UK?

Comment

If you want to make different charges for different UK areas, you'll have to split the UK up into regions - there are several detailed threads on this, which you should be able to find with a forum search on "UK islands".
          Last edited by wjcampbe; 09-May-2006, 05:39 PM. Reason: typo
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
            If you want to make different charges for different UK areas, you'll have to split the UK up into regions - there are several detailed threads on this, which you should be able to find with a forum search on "UK islands".
            Theres lots of confilcting threads as well which just confuse me as to what I really need to do.

Sorry for being thick, but this is the first time ive actually looked at the shipping side of things, and I'm now really confused.

I downloaded the parcelforce mod as suggested above by dmalani, and I can see it in my business settings but I'm still unsure as to how it will figure out where my clients are and how to charge them depending on their location and weight of their products.

Comment

Hi Tjobbe

The import file has all the details about the weight and the corresponding cost for the different zones when you import it into actinic. The Parcel force charge volume for an account customer and non-account customers in the UK which are two different import files which you need to import it in to actinic. These files exist within C:\Program Files\Actinic v7 MX2\v705\Sites\site1\Common folder

I hope this helps.
              Regards

Dhivya Malani

Comment

Originally posted by dmalani
                Hi Tjobbe

The import file has all the details about the weight and the corresponding cost for the different zones when you import it into actinic. The Parcel force charge volume for an account customer and non-account customers in the UK which are two different import files which you need to import it in to actinic. These files exist within C:\Program Files\Actinic v7 MX2\v705\Sites\site1\Common folder

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, I don't think I read it properly or I am not understanding you.

I have imported the account holders file, but not the non- account holders, is that right? in actinic right now the pricing is wrong for parcelforce, there seems to be only one price for each weight.

Comment

I think Bill told it very nicely on post #5
                  A search on 'UK Islands' will help you overcome this obstacle. You basically need to split the UK into regions and add shipping classes to the regions.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X