Cart Quantity Box Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart Quantity Box Field

Where would I edit the length of the 'Quantity' box field within the Cart page?

Cheers
    Richard
    http://www.smarterproducts.co.uk

Design / Text / Goto / Phase -1, ID 2173 I think.

Don't mess with the number or sequence of the %s and %d fragments or you'll break the page.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks, but I don't think this is it. It was set to 4, so I set it to 3, but no change. Any other ideas?

Cheers
      Richard

Comment

It's definitely ID 2173. Change it to 33 and see what happens.

Comment

That seems to have changed the length of the quantity box in the product line item, not the cart??

Comment

Richard,

Open ShoppingCart.pl in notepad

Search for 'MAXLENGTH=10' you will find it in the following lines of code

$VariableTable{$::VARPREFIX."QUANTITY"} = "<INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=\"Q_$ProductRef\" VALUE=\"" . $nDefaultQuantity . "\" SIZE=6 MAXLENGTH=10>";
            Change the size value to suite your needs. Please note that the usual disclaimers apply. A copy of the original script is available in the 'Original' folder in the event the change breaks anything else.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Oops. I missed your bit about the change being needed on the Cart Page. I was saying how to change it on the Product Pages.

I think that the ShoppingCart.pl patch Bruce refers to is for the Cart Confirm page (shown if you use Quantity on Confirmation Page).

For the general Cart display pages (via Show Cart) you need to edit ActinicOrder.pm (back it up first). Look for:

SIZE=\"4\"

which will take you to a line

$sQuantityText = "<INPUT TYPE=TEXT SIZE=\"4\" NAME=\"Q_" . $nLineCount . "\" VALUE=\"". $sQuantityText . "\" STYLE=\"text-align: right;";

Change the 4 as required.

Also you'll have to re-do this tweak if you update Actinic as the Perl scripts regularly get updated.

Comment

Norman,

Correct as always !! Thanks for spotting that.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hi all,

Seems that things have changed since this was written. I stumbled across this thread needing to do the same and after investigation I found the offending file to be ao000000.pm. Changing the size from 4 to say 2 or 1 didn't have any effect and I found that the best result was to add to the existing style clause by adding width:30px. This style clause should then read: STYLE=\"text-align: right; width:40px. Hope this update helps.
                  Of course, backing scripts etc before embarking, is a given.

Beaming Baby

Comment

ao000000.pm is the file that gets sent to your servers cgi-bin. It is automatically created by SD (from ActinicOrder.pm - comments and white space get stripped out to make it more concise) whenever you Refresh or Upload your site. Changing this on the server is a very bad idea as it will get overwritten in the future.

Make changes to ActinicOrder.pm as advised.

Comment

Working...
                    X