Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not charging people

Hi, me again.

Probably another elementary mistake on my part but can someone have a look at this for me please?

I've managed to upload my site to http://www.animal-house.co.uk/testing. If you add things to the cart, it comes up with the price and then when you view the shopping cart it's all there, fine and dandy. However, if you add a product through a drop down menu (see heaters > visi-therm for example), it comes up with the price but then doesn't add the cost in the cart. Why is this happening?

Is there a better way of consolidating these products down through some kind of choice rather than having them as individual products (which would make the site look very untidy in my view) or is that a good way of doing it, but it's not working. I don't really like doing it this way as it's coming up as two seperate items in the cart.

Oh I don't know.. do you?!

Cheers,

Scott.

Hmmm strange one...

Have you got component prices enabled for the price structure on the main product, also assuming you are using a Component prior to the attribute and choices, have you assigned the price in the Price for each of the options (Component | Permutations | Fill List button)..

Just some ideas - but a strange one considering it shows at the start of the add to cart process...

If those are all correct, have you done any customization of the cart system, which may have broken the process maybe?

Comment

On the main product the "pricing model" is "Sum of product and components prices". I'm using the "sidebars down both sides" template found in Design > Options > Layouts > View Cart Layout.

For the products, I've set in perumations Override Pricing and selected the product in the product drop down, and selected name. They're all ticked valid. In the prices tab it's just set as retail.

Does that help?

Cheers,

Scott.

Comment

There is a bug with some versions of V7 that has this effect, it is caused if you rearrange the option display using this variant labels, this sort of thing :

<tr>
        <td>NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL1 NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR1</td>
        <td>NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL2 NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR2</td>
        <td>NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL3 NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR3</td>
        </tr>

Do you have anything like that in your product template for that page?

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Just ctrl+F'd it and the word 'variant' doesn't appear at all I'm afraid. Is there anything I can attach that can help?

Comment

Have you got prices on the associated products - and have you got the use associated product price checkbox ticked?

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Prices are on the assoc. products, yeah, but for some reason I don't have the checkbox. See attachment. I'm assuming it's as I have choices underneath as on another product (see biOrb on the site) you can select another item (an add-on light) and that adds itself fine.

Is there a better way of achieving what I'm wanting to achieve, i.e. keeping the site neat and tidy by having a drop down menu of itmens that are to all intents and purposes the same except for, in this case, the wattage?
              Attached Files

Comment

Just thought; am I doing it totally wrong by having it as product > component > attribute > choices?

Do I need the component in there?

Comment

Actually I got it wrong, the way to set it up to pick the prices from the associated product is to select 'associated product prices' from the drop down.

What price do you see on the permutuation details?

Regards,

Comment

They're all saying £0.00. Not a good thing obviously! Do I need to manually enter the prices into the permutation table? I assumed that it would be picked up from choosing the product in the product drop down in the table.

Comment

You just need to select use associated product prices in the drop down on the permutation instead of override and then it will pick up the prices from the product.

Regards,

Comment

Spot on!

Thanks a lot, all that for something that I should've seen already! The thing that threw me was when you select use associated prices is that is says "no associated prices" at the bottom. Bit weird but it's working now.

Thanks again,

Scott.

Comment

Working...
                        X