Upload Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload Problem

I have been using actinic for nearly a year and have been uploading without any problems. However, when I tried uploading Today Actinic crashed. I also tried a refresh. It locks up when it is sending cat files. I did have a problem with windows and had to get 'over top repair to windows' yesterday. Could it be to do with that? Can anyone help.

Geraldine
    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Originally posted by Ghome1971
    ....I did have a problem with windows and had to get 'over top repair to windows' yesterday. Could it be to do with that?...
    It s strong coincidence. What do you mean by 'over top repair to windows' ?

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what was done to fix it. They said they had done a 'windows repair'.

Prior to the repair, Windows kept crashing, there was no Start bar and when I managed to get one I could not print. Applications keep crashing. Every time I started my computer it went into scan mode and wanted to put passwords into thousands of files.

Geraldine

Comment

Some questions first that may help anyone trying to help...

Have you tried a database purge & compact?
        Does the Network Test still run through OK?
        Can you manually ftp into your site OK?
        Does it just seem to hang on sending the first cat file or part way through?

Comment

I switched Firewall and AVG off. This has allowed me to upload. Still have an error at the end:

'an error occured while merging files on remote site. Error copying 'from' file.

I have checked FTP and done a test and all okay.

I will try purge and refresh site.

Geraldine

Comment

I have purged and compacted my site.

System locks up during upload. Once part way through sending base files and one part way through sending cat files. I have tried refreshing but I have the same problem.

Geraldine

Comment

Do you have another PC around? - it would be a good idea to install Actinic and try to upload with that to deteremine if this is definitely a windows issue or an Actinic issue.

When you say it locks up - how long do you wait? I can't remember too well but a long while back when I had some problems uploading I seem to remember that if you wait long enough doesn't Actinic ask if you wish to continue using the upload using http or something?

Comment

Also if the ftp upload is timing out then if you have Enhanced FTP selected you can change the retries and timeouts etc. to see if that makes a difference.

I don't know the defaults but my settings are:
                Client Timeout: 15000
                Connection Timeout: 25000
                Slient Running: Checked
                Max Retries: 30
                Retry Delay: 3000

I think these were changed following my earlier problems - might be worth trying something similar.

Comment

I haven't been waiting that long (a few minutes). Then Ctrl Alt Delete says Actinic is not responding. So I have slected end task. The first time the error appeared there was something about binary .... I didn't write the message down. Perhaps I'll try and leave it a while.

I do not have another computer. But I could take a copy of site 1 and reinstall. Is this sensible option? Could Actinic have been corrupted?

Thanks for helping me on a Friday night.

Geraldine

Comment

The site has uploaded this time without any errors. Strange. I haven't changed anything since my last posting. Finders crossed it stays working.

Thanks Duncan

Geraldine

Comment

Leave it alone - take a break

Edit: Or maybe not - your site hadn't got any images when I looked.

Comment

Yes I have just noticed all the images have gone. Perhaps there is something up with the server. I will leave it until tomorrow!

Geraldine

Comment

I see you got it working now. Did you find the problem or was it a temporary server issue?

Comment

No it was not to do with the server. When I checked the server I noticed all my image files had disappeared. I'm not sure what Actinic does when it uploads/refreshed but perhaps it deleted all the files first and then was unable to reload then (when it hung).

Anyway I reinstalled Actinic as I was advised that when my computer was repaired Windows files that Actinic uses may have been set back to default.

Thanks

Geraldine

Comment

Have you got another PC with Actinic on it? (I believe it's quite common practice to use one PC for site design/development and a different one to run the show). If so, try copying the data to the other PC, and using it to do the upload. That would identify or eliminate further corruption of your Windows environment as being the cause of your problem.

Someone with more knowledge of Actinic will have to tell you what to copy in order to use an alternative PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X