Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Site - Black Cat Watches

Hi Guys,

My site has been up and running for a couple of months now, all seems to be working well, but I have noticed a few postings about people asking for advice or suggestions.

Any feedback on my site would be greatly appreciated.

www.blackcatwatches.co.uk

Many thanks guys!
    Black Cat Watches

Very nice site Daren. Easy to get around. Checkout integration is good.
    Just a couple of points:
    - that spring sale button on the homepage is just crying out to be clicked on. How about making a spring sale/special offers section with duplicates and linking to that.
    - your homepage Title indicates free shipping over £50 but I couldn't find any reference to that anywhere on the site. In fact the shipping on the order page was £4.95 but in the terms is said £5 or as stated which was a bit confusing)

Comment

Nice site. Certainly a good lesson for a clean and pleasant looking design.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
        Very nice site Daren. Easy to get around. Checkout integration is good.
        Just a couple of points:
        - that spring sale button on the homepage is just crying out to be clicked on. How about making a spring sale/special offers section with duplicates and linking to that.
        - your homepage Title indicates free shipping over £50 but I couldn't find any reference to that anywhere on the site. In fact the shipping on the order page was £4.95 but in the terms is said £5 or as stated which was a bit confusing)

Thanks for your comments, we will look into doing something with the sale graphic - I completely agree. Also, the postage pricing was an error which we have now corrected.
        Black Cat Watches

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Dave
          Nice site. Certainly a good lesson for a clean and pleasant looking design.
          Thanks for looking!
          Black Cat Watches

Comment

One question I do have, is that we have a large number of watches (nearly 400), and we need to split by brand, but we are increasingly looking to split by gender also.

Could anyone suggest a nice/clean way of doing this?

Thanks!
            Black Cat Watches

Comment

Personally I wouldn't list by brand.

I'd probably look at price range

and definately split by gender.

I don't know about the rest of the world but often when I am looking for something price is my first determinator ie less than £10, more than £50 etc etc

I probably wouldn't know enough about watches to know what brand I wanted. I may end up searching in the rolex section for a £10 watch and give up.

You could add a customvar for the brand to each product then you would be able to add a brand search to the site.

Comment

Working...
              X