Problem copying products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem copying products

Has anyone come across this problem? Just recently whenever I copy a product to the same section I get duplicate attribute and choices in the newly created product. I generally copy an existing product and use this as the template for a new product and just change the specifics for the new product. Now when I try this the new copy gets for example two Size attributes, one is empty and the other has duplicate choices e.g. two size small, medium, large etc.

If I then try to delete or cut the duplicates they also get removed from the product I made the original copy from.

It's just occurred to me while writing this that I no longer get prompted for a new product reference when doing the copy. Product references are set to manual and I'd normally type in the new one when prompted.

Any help would be appreciated as this problem has really taken the fun out of adding new products.

Regards
    FitnessJunky

Try purging and compacting then see if the problem persists after that.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion but I already tried a purge and compacting the database.

Regards
      FitnessJunky

Comment

Then it is time to do the same thing in a different way. :-)

Close Actinic, then open the site ActinicCatalog.mdb file from MS Access. Within Access, do a Database Compact and repair, then try Actinic again.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

After copying, if you close and open Actinic do you see one or two sets of choices on the copied product?

This is either a bug in the interface or (more likely) a problem with the product you are copying.

Somethng to try is to create a new version of the product from scratch and then use that one for copying and pasting.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks again for the suggestions. Unfortunately I don’t have a copy of MS Access as this is not an application I would normally have a need for, so I'm unable to try out DB compact.

I've now also now had a go at creating a completely new product and copied that, but I still see the same results. I've also done a copy and then closed Actinic and upon opening I still the duplication.

I think the problem has to be linked with the fact that Actinic no longer asks me for a new product ID when I past the copy. This results me having two products with the same ID and then it all starts to go pear shaped!

Could this be a bug I've stumbled across?

I'm using Business 7.0.5

Regards
            FitnessJunky

Comment

I think many of us add products in exactly the way you mention without issue so it's unlikely to be a bug. That said from what you're saying there does appear to be something in your db that has perhaps got corrupted.
              You could contact support explaining the problem and they may be able to take a look at your database.
              It might also be worth exporting the products etc and taking a look at the csv file in Excel to see if you see anything unusual.

Comment

It sounds from your last comment that you are pasting as a duplicate, when you want to just paste. then you will be asked for to give it a new part number.

Duplicate is for putting the same part in other pages on your site, not variations?

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

Hi Guy's,

I still have the same problem with copying products, I just haven't got around to sorting it out yet. In this case I'm not using the copy duplicate option but I do have duplicate products in Actinic as well. It's the fact that actinic doesn't prompt for a new product ID that confuses me. I'd better get my db checked?

Regards
                  FitnessJunky

Comment

Richard,

Please raise a support query so that we can take a look at the DB for you.
                    http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                    X