problem with data truncated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with data truncated

happened when splitting very large order by means of back order, was up to back order 11 when recived error " data truncated" have managed to prosses most of the order but still have 1 back order that will not reopen and the remiander of the order that will not open,
    on opening most of the splits i get
    "There was a problem with the database

Operation: Moving through the [Order] table where [Order Sequence Number] = 714

Data truncated."
    and on the remaining 2 i get
    "error accessing database you may need to access and old verson of the file"

no knowlage in this area any help appreciated..
    Gary Simpson
    www.tba
    Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

Doesn't sound too good. Firstly backup the database and keep it safe somewhere, then open it in MSAccess and try Tools|Database Utilities|Compact & Repair. Then retry and see if that helps.

Comment

hi duncan

unfortunatly dont have access, i have the orders open in exel and cant see anything unusual at sequence 714 looks just as normal as the rest of the other sequence no,s in this broken down order,
      could i remove this order some how as i know what the remaining 2 items the customer requires i could just do an offline sale,
      it will not accept just being deleted in the normal fashion.
      Gary Simpson
      www.tba

Comment

You can compact and repair your database without using Access, go to control panel, administravtive tools, ODBC setting, select the user tab and configure the DNS called ActinicCatalog7, you will see a repair and compact button there.

I don't think that this will help though, you need to send your database into Actinic (using the email form on the Actinic website if you don't have cover) and they should be able to fix it up for you.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

thanks jan

i guess i will have to hold downloading any orders while the changes are made, or can the returned file be merged in some way.
          Gary Simpson
          www.tba

Comment

It depends how it is fixed, sometimes it can be fixed by running a program against the database, sometimes the database is updated. Sometimes you will be advised to upgrade to the latest version of Actinic.

I would ask and see, initially you will just need to send details of the problems so you can at least get todays orders downloaded. Do try the repair and compact as well, you never know it might work.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
              you need to send your database into Actinic (using the email form on the Actinic website if you don't have cover) and they should be able to fix it up for you.
              So Actinic Cover just provides the priority, fast-track support? Essential for a shop with high sales volumes and the sort of product that buyers want instantly, but I can probably omit it for now with a 3-section product line and less than half a dozen orders a day. Installing Actinic Catalog is part of the site and business overhaul that should change all that, but Cover looks like something for the future.

Comment

Cover provides a lot more than just telephone support, you also get free upgrades to the next major version, plus other benefits, you would need to check with Actinic to get a full list. You can get support without having cover though but it is not as convenient.

Regards,

Comment

hi jan

tried your sudgestion to no avail, not causing to much of a head ache at the moment as other orders coming through fine, seems to be just that 1 split order that has some issue, just waiting for actinic to get back to me and take it from there, thanks for the help....
                  Gary Simpson
                  www.tba

Comment

Working...
                  X