Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I have used Actinic V5 for years, I recently decided to use it to send payment received and order shipped emails to my customers using the standard Actinic templates. Everything is fine except that the From: email address on the emails received by the customer is the customer's email address, not my email address as I would think it would be.

The from: email address on the receipt email the customer automatically receives when placing an order is correct. It is indeed my email address.

I thought that this might be caused by some business setting parameter in Actinic, but I can't find anything that would cause this.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Mark,

This could be due to a change made in the specific email template. You will find an original copy of the template in the 'Original' folder, C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Original. Copy the two templates into your site folder, replacing the existing ones. Then check to see if the same happens, if it still does, I would suggest raising a support ticket @ http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm. so that support can take a look at this for you.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

I am on V5, not V7, but I did take a look at the appropriate .txt templates in the Original folder. The sending email address does not appear to be a variable in any of them, so perhaps this logic is "hard coded" in the Actinic software. What do you think?

Mark

Comment

Sorry about the reference to v7 there but it stands for v5 too. Below is a default Payment received email template
        Dear NETQUOTEVAR:CUSTOMER_NAME,

NETQUOTEVAR:COMPANY_NAME

We have received your payment for the following order:

NETQUOTEVAR:CUSTOMER_DATA
        NETQUOTEVAR:ORDER_DATA
        NETQUOTEVAR:ORDER_LINES
        NETQUOTEVAR:ORDER_TOTALS
        NETQUOTEVAR:SSP_RATE_MESSAGE

Sincerely,
        NETQUOTEVAR:SENDER

NETQUOTEVAR:SENDER_ADDRESSLINE1 NETQUOTEVAR:SENDER_ADDRESSLINE2 NETQUOTEVAR:SENDER_ADDRESSLINE3 NETQUOTEVAR:SENDER_ADDRESSLINE4
        NETQUOTEVAR:SENDER_POSTCODE NETQUOTEVAR:SENDER_COUNTRY
        NETQUOTEVAR:SENDER_PHONE NETQUOTEVAR:SENDER_FAX NETQUOTEVAR:SENDER_EMAIL

NETQUOTEVAR:SSP_TRADEMARKS
        In this template NETQUOTEVAR:SENDER_EMAIL is your email address, the variable uses the address as defined in Business Settings | Company / Contact.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce!

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. The template you provided is identical to that on my system.

The problem is not the from: email address that appears in the body of the email, but the address from which the email is sent by Actinic. Instead of my email address, it is the buyer's email address. This does not seem to be a parameter in the template.

Mark

Comment

Mark,

I would suggest raising a support query, as we will need a snapshot to determine what is happening. Support ticket can be raised here.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X