Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reducing stock by more than one

Hi all
    I really hope that my first post isnt a dumb question but I have a horrible feeling it might be.
    I have a product that i want to offer as a single unit, or as a 3, as a 5 or as a 10. Ive set up a component/attribute/choice which give the customer the 4 radio buttons linked to the above. Pricing is working fine but depending on what he chooses, how would I get the stock to reduce by 1,3,5 or 10 respectively?

I think that you would need to create a hidden product that represented the actual product (with stock monitoring switched on) and then link the components in the product that you have to the hidden one, the stock on the hidden product will then reduce by the component quantity. I haven't tried this for a while so I might well be wroing.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

without opening Actinic, isn't there an opportunity on the component to associate to the product and set the quantity used?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

YOu'd need to set up each "choice" (ie quantity) with it's own component to do this though, rather than using the component/attribute and choice route to list all quantity selections as one dropdown or whatever (did that even make sense?)

Only thing I can think is to make a stock controlled hidden product.
        Then create a product and add various components, each component being associated with the hidden product but with different stock reducing levels.
        Then get the components (set as optional) to display like "choices", IYSWIM?
        Bit early on a Monday for brain to be working fully but I think that'd do the trick, wouldn't it?
        Tracey

Comment

Set up a visable product with a component arrangement. Then add a hidden stock item that has a minimum stock level of whatever you want in the top left of the details panel of the hidden item but without a price. Then set your price model to product price for the visable item.

Your stock control comes from your hidden component and your price from the visible stock item. Remember to set a stock level for the visible item so it can sell otherwise with stock control on the item will go out of stock if not set.

Duncan
          Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

OK, still struggling. Lets assume I have one product which is a pencil. In stock I have 100 pencils. I have created a visible product with one component, one attribute and 3 different choices(choices are 3 pencils, 5 pencils and 10 pencils). Dependant on the choice I make I want to make the stock of 100 reduce by 3 5 or 10. If someone has the patience I would very much appreciate a step by step guide of if this is possible or even point me in the direction of an explanation in the manual.
            I do understand creating a hidden product of a pencil and setting this with a stock of 100 and using this as the stock control but I donot know how to pass the 3 5 or 10 to this hidden product.
            Help much appreciated so far but im struggling to understand and some of it contradicts eachother....sorry

Comment

When you add a component and associate it to the hidden product, there is a box for quantity used.

You need three components on the visible product - one which uses three of the hidden product for quantity 3, one which uses 5 of the hidden product for quantity 5, and one which used 10 of the hidden product for quantity 10.
              Attached Files
              Bill

Comment

Thanks for all of your help, especially wjcampbe. So I understand that and all I need to do now is get the 3 components showing as radio buttons of 3, 5 and 10....any ideas?

Comment

Just add the three components and mark each one as 'Is Optional'.

That will give you three checkboxes, one for each pack size (as was said previously, if you want the price to show, you will have to include this in your description - so you might have 'Pack of 3 - GBP 3.98', 'Pack of 5 - GBP 6.50', 'Pack of 10 - GBP 12.50')
                  Bill

Comment

Ok, so got the theory behind using components and this is working but as tick boxes, I want the selections to be radio boxes, is this possible?

Comment

Kevin,

It is not possible to have a radio button as a selector.

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                      X