section search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section search

I've just activated the section search (within ACT_SEARCHTEMPLATE) had it commented out before.

I've noticed that it is listing hidden sections? is this expected behaviour? or is it overzealous customisation of mine in the past throwing up this strange behaviour?

Where's the width of the section drop down box controlled from? its excessively wide.

how do I prepopulate the section box with the first section in the list , ie at present when viewed the box is empty, you have to click into it to see the choice of sections

test site not on online

Where's the width of the section drop down box controlled from? its excessively wide.
    Ok I've answered this one, its set to the width of the longest short description, i've changed a couple of product names and now it fits the width of the page

one down 2 to go...

Comment

Hi Jo,

I've noticed that it is listing hidden sections? is this expected behaviour? or is it overzealous customisation of mine in the past throwing up this strange behaviour?
      This is a bug with versions earlier to 7.0.6

how do I prepopulate the section box with the first section in the list , ie at present when viewed the box is empty, you have to click into it to see the choice of sections
      Go to Design | Text, ID 2286. This contains "<OPTION VALUE="0">" and this is what creates the blank entry at the top of the section selection drop-down on the search page. Delete the contents of the ID tag and leave it blank, this will result in the first section being taken by default.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

This is V6.1.5

I can't upgrade to V7 just to sort this out, is there a workaround please

Go to Design | Text, ID 2286. This contains "<OPTION VALUE="0">"
        just realised if I do this then the keyword search will be restricted by section?

Doh!! This is not working out very well.

Is the search improved in V8? Decent navigation and good searching are the cornerstones of any sucessful website i was using external search scripts but found these were just another thing to remember to update, so I thought I'd return to Actinic search.

Comment

is there a workaround please
          Checking this for you..

just realised if I do this then the keyword search will be restricted by section?
          Yes, that is the limitation.
          Is the search improved in V8?
          I cannot comment at this stage.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Jo,

Have tried something here, though it will not bring in the first section by default, you could have some text there instead of a blank space and this will not interfere with the 'Key Word' search.

Go to Design | Text ID 2286 and replace <OPTION VALUE="0"> With <OPTION VALUE="%d" SELECTED>Select a Section.

Am running the hidden section display bit past development. With v7, there is a desktop change that allows you to select if you want to omit a section from the search, this is not available in v6. Will update you.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

I cannot comment at this stage.
              LOL

Excellent, little by little we are getting there

Comment

Jo,

The hidden sections appearing in search does not have a workaround unfortunately !! The search uses files built on the desktop. These files do not include the 'Hidden' flag and neither do the A*.cat files which only contain the product information for each section.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Ok Thanks Bruce

Comment

Working...
                  X