Discount help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount help

I have tried to set up a discount so if you buy 6 items you only pay for 5 i.e. get one free. Please could you read the scenario below for an explanation of my problem:

I have 6 items called "a, b, c, d, e, f" which are all variations on a product and have the same price. I have set it up so that the trigger is 6 and the discount is £4.99 because they are all the same price

When I test it I get the following:

If I buy 6 of product a single product i.e. 6 of product "a" then the discount works ok giving me £4.99 off the total price but when I buy one of each of the products totalling 6 items i.e. one of products "a, b, c, d, e, f" the discount is taken off each item and not the total so the end price is £0. I have had to disable the discount on the online shop so you won’t be able to see what I mean. I have already done a "15% discount of orders over £15" which works ok.

Any ideas greatly appreciated as I am getting more confused the more I look at it. It doesn’t help that the only real way to test it, other than installing all the server s/w etc onto my local machine, is by uploading it to a live site thus risking someone getting 6 items free and having to honour the purchase.

Thanks for your time and help,

Graham

Have you got the 6 products declared into a product group and in the rewards have you got "% off cheapest" and set to 100 in "reward amount"?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I have got it set up as follows:

all 6 products are in one product group with the trigger set at 6, Reward Type £Off and Reward Amount £4.99

Comment

Try setting to % off cheapest and 100.

if you still have the exisiting product groups set up checkout the example 3 for 2 offer as this is the same effect you are trying to achieve

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Related issue

I've been having what I think might be a related issue - I have defined a product group and set up a discount of 100% off the cheapest product when 4 products are ordered (4 for the price of 3). I've also set up one reward per order.

If I order 4 different products everything is fine. It is multiple orders of single products that seem to throw a spanner in the works. E.g., if I order 4 x product A valued at £1.95 each and 4 x product B valued at £3.95 each I get a discount of £3.95!?! If I add an order of 4 x product C valued at £8.95 each my discount goes up to £8.95

It is very difficult for me to pin down what exactly what is causing the problem but it seems basically that you get 100% off a single unit of the most expensive product you order in a multiple of 4 or more. (If no items are ordered in a multiple of 4 or more then the discount seems to work as it should.)

When I originally set this up I didn't want just the 1 reward per order I wanted people to get 1 item free for every 4 they ordered - but luckily I bug tested and the discounts were all over the place when products were ordered in multiples. I can't even begin to describe what it was doing when I didn't restrict to 1 reward per order!

Is there something I can do about this cos it's causing me a real problem.
          Last edited by Jemski; 09-May-2006, 06:49 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Old thread

I found an old thread that seems to be describing a very similar problem
            http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=discount+bug
            any idea if it was ever resolved?

Comment

Jem,

I see that you have created another thread o this issue. It will be carried on there.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce,

I sent Kiran Chandran a snapshot of my site on 9/5/06 but I have not had a reply as to whether he has figured out what the problem is. The Support query is 00076662. I would be grateful if someone could help me with this issue.

Graham

Comment

Let me look into this. Will update you.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks. Yes I have created another thread - no replies though.

Surely this is a fairly serious issue that is most likely costing your customers as we speak. For anyone creating an Actinic discount it seems 100% off cheapest very often gives 100% off something other than the cheapest. I'm no guru but it seems to me that there's a piece of code somewhere that needs a fairly straightforward tweak to fix this.

Comment

Working...
                    X