FTP Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP Ports

We've got multiple sites which we upload to the same server it's a Windows 2000 Server running IIS5.

Because Actinic only uses FTP port 21 to upload to the server, I've created multiple FTP Sites within IIS and have to stop one and start another to upload a diiferent site.

Is there an easier way of doing this as sometimes I forget to change the FTP site and overwrite 1 of the sites?

I can't say I understand why you're doing it this way. Can't you just give each site it's own directory on the server and include that in the actinic network settings?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Many Thanks for your Super-Speedy reply!

I hope I am missing something - it would make my life so much easier.

In IIS there was a default FTP site, within this you have to select the home directory to upload to (which is different for each site). I've created multiple FTP sites each with their own home directory folders.

How should the Network Settings be setup to resolve this?

Is there any documentation which covers this? I've checked the AUG and trawled the Community.

Comment

I don't use IIS so can't really be much help. I have found this page which might help you in setting up the sites. http://www.no-ip.com/support/guides/...sting_iis.html

Mike

Hmm. That seems to be a service website. This one might be more help: http://www.iisanswers.com/Top10FAQ/t10-hostheaders.htm
        Last edited by Mike Hughes; 09-May-2006, 01:04 PM. Reason: More info added

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Even though IIS needs a root folder for FTP, within Actinic you can still refer to a folder within that for Actinic to upload to. The Actinic FTP details set up in the standard tab of the network settings allow for this. You should be able to preceed your settings with another directory such as /site1/acatalog etc.
          Have a fiddle and try - unfortunately few people have direct experience with IIS.

Comment

It's fantastic - I trimmed the FTP home directory down to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ within IIS then had to add the "Site1" folder to the beginning of the "Path to" AND "Path from" Cgi-Bin prompts in Network Settings ¦ FTP Details in Actinic.

It works a treat now - Many Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X